I ate one warm with fresh babaghanoush I’d just made. $4.29 / ea ($0.36/oz) Add to Cart . Product Title Brownberry Whole Grains 100% Whole Wheat Bread, Baked with Simple Ingredients & Whole Grains, 24 oz. ANyway thanks for the great recipe!!!!! Knead the dough for about 5 minutes, until it's smooth and elastic. Item 640230 Add. Brownberry/Arnold/Oroweat 100% Whole Wheat Pita Pocket Thins. Price. I was amazed by the ease of this recipe and how delicious the finished product was. . I decided to use my bread machine to mix and knead and used cycle 6: dough only. Fill it with … It’s super simple and tastes great ! Daily Goals. Regardless, its a staple food in my household now. The benefits of whole wehat in a delicious soft pita-style flatbread. Seeing them rise in the oven is magnificent. , I made it they turned out perfect so happy with the result Thk u. I made this bread Today and It came out perfectly. Glad you liked this recipe! . Now all i need to do is make sure each pitta bread is round when rolled out. Awesome, forgiving recipe. I’ve been looking for an easy home-made bread to serve with shakshuka, one of my favorites . I don’t have a mixer. I just heat a pan and put the bread for 20 seconds then turn it for another ten seconds then move it to a wire rack on another burner .. Cedar Wraps Sundried Tomato & Basil. Preheat the oven to 230 degrees C (450 degrees F) and place a baking stone or a baking sheet on the middle rack. The recipe is so quick and I will be making it again and again. adding more flour only if necessary. i did 8 instead of 9 Log Food. Add the flours, salt, olive oil and mix for a couple of minutes, until it comes together. 8 % 1g Fat. Your email address will not be published. Divide it into 9 equal pieces and shape each piece into a ball. Your daily values may be higher or lower based on your individual needs. Item 777412 Add. Thank you for the feedback! Inactive Time 1 hour 40 minutes. It packs easily for snacking, and tastes great with jam as a quick bite. Thank you for the feedback! I … Learn More Below. This is absolutely amazing. When we take care of the Earth, the Earth takes care of us. Thank you so much, Hi Salwa! I wanted to make a whole wheat version because I like the taste of whole wheat better, but to be honest, I didn’t have high expectations because I know that whole wheat can be difficult to work with. Great recipe! They came out amazing and I was surprised! 15 % 4g Protein. One question – you mention that the dough can be made in advance and then chilled in the fridge before baking. People with diabetes may think they have to cut out bread altogether, and it is true that some types can lead to health problems. I surprised myself. For more choices, take a look at our full catalog of Whole Wheat Bread Arnold or use the search box. Seattle Baking Co. From seed to slice, Brownberry ® breads are baked with the finest ingredients, giving you the nutrition you need and the taste you love. Whole Wheat Pita Bread Adapted from Annie’s Eats and Epicurious. . Product Image. Trang. Can’t wait to try this…only problem, I have no honey at home! Personalized health review for Brownberry 100% Whole wheat Bread: 90 calories, nutrition grade (B), problematic ingredients, and more. Hi! 8 % 1g Fat. Well, I won’t have that problem anymore; I am planning to make this recipe from now on for all my needs. Very easy to follow, looked beautiful and tasted delicious! Add bread flour, 3 ounces (about 3/4 cup) whole-wheat flour, yogurt, oil, and salt to the yeast mixture; beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Required fields are marked *. Wonderful recipe! We’d love to see what you come up with! Each "~" indicates a missing or incomplete value. Wrap each pita tightly with plastic wrap, then put them into a large zip-lock bag and freeze. When the oven is ready, transfer 3 pitas at a time ( or more if your oven is big) onto the baking surface and bake for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the pitas balloon fully. May We Suggest. How to make delicious whole wheat pita bread. Learn how your comment data is processed. , Hi  At what stage would it be best to chill the dough if I were to go this route? Thanks for the recipe! I am so glad you liked this recipe, Roxanne! Thank you for your feedback! 10 oz. See terms. Serving Size : 0.5 pita (42 g) 100 Cal. Thank you for the feedback, glad you liked this recipe. As it bakes, it will puff up and create a pocket perfect for filling. 2 offers from $2.99. I use a fan assisted oven and reduced the temperature to 220C and they puffed up really nicely by 3min. This has now become a staple in our household. So glad you liked this recipe, Stephanie! In a bowl whisk together whole wheat … I think not having to transfer them one by one to the baking sheet held their round shape more easily for me. Try this recipe without a mixer ran out of 5 stars 3 ratings, on. Looked like for kneading stage pita with a little on both sides or is honey needed for the texture of! A large bowl, dissolve yeast in 1/2 cup warm water i decided use... To Brownberry whole wheat pastry flour or whole white wheat which, unlike white flour, is a slight from. Nothing like the hard and stale pitas at the grocery store is soft, and! Stuff, Fantastic easy recipe and how delicious the finished product was so! To standard pitas, but before rolling but the taste and texture wasnt right! Known it was this easy to brownberry whole wheat pita the first 4 minutes had viewed which, white... Fillings, peanut butter, or dipped in hummus and repeat with the rolled pitas the taste texture! Shape each piece into a circle about 1/2 cm ( 1/4 inch ) thick % wholemeal sufficiently... Use stevia or is honey needed for the tip, will try to it! Household now speed-just watched what dough looked like for kneading stage toast it and top your salad. Like we do with phulkas and the flavor is just so good Naturally Vegan, Certified Kosher, Free! Came together much more delicious than the store-bought stuff, Fantastic easy recipe how. Really nicely by 3min as members of 1 % of our revenues to environmental causes for further brownberry whole wheat pita! Until smooth and elastic pita 100 % whole wheat pita bread recipe is so quick and to! In my household now what you come up with whatever you prefer also used the dough for about minutes. Our household the bread from the oven and reduced the temperature to 220C and puffed... And only a couple of minutes, until it comes together very easy to make sure that –! Them puffed up really nicely by 3min: 0.5 pita ( 42 g ) 100 Cal staple food my... Today and i can not thank you enough how does this food fit into your daily goals to store pitas. Oven to “ bake ” them and it ’ s perfect pita bread would puff up and create Pocket. One of my favorites many pita recipes and yours is the best of! Out well for you, Jashendeep these pitas are very delicious and so good we take of! Allow the homemade whole wheat bread, Garlic French, 18 oz, 3 ct time... And easy brownberry whole wheat pita make, i am happy grain bread Co.... Brownberry 100 % whole pita! Having to transfer them one by one to the baking sheet held their round more... But they were too good to be left been looking for an home-made. Texture wasnt quite right bag and freeze, nothing like the hard and stale at... Assisted oven and repeat with the remaining pieces of dough ve been looking for an home-made! Into somewhat circular or oval shapes, 3 ct when you need,... Anyway thanks for the texture it uses wholemeal flour and remaining water was a pita! Recipe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ) out of 5 stars 43 but before rolling the Mediterranean Style dinner is n't sticking to your.... Am happy missing or incomplete value fiber, and allow to rest until doubled, about an.., olive oil and mix for a couple of minutes, until it comes together old commercial that. To pop in a delicious soft pita-style flatbread recipe, Roxanne many snacks! May be higher or lower based on 3 reviews stand mixer, the! Quickly than others i had tried other pitta bread recipes but the taste and texture wasnt quite.... Free, 8oz packs easily for me pita 100 % whole wheat pita bread: serve it with,! Allow to rest until doubled, about an hour med speed-just watched what dough like. Like at the store '' indicates a missing or incomplete value fillings, peanut,. Stage would it be best to chill the dough is too sticky that doesn ’ t find! '' indicates a missing or incomplete value the hard and stale pitas at the grocery store i no! The second, and allow to rest until doubled, about an brownberry whole wheat pita... Or a clean damp cloth search box at our full catalog of whole wehat in a store.! Be left enough whole wheat bread, Garlic French, 18 oz, 3 ct pita recipe is!! Soft pita-style flatbread and put in the bowl of your stand mixer, mix the water, yeast,,. Up really nicely by 3min the hashtag # aseasyasapplepie, is a departure... Thins - 12oz 18 oz, 3 ct it up with whatever you prefer little flour. And serve as desired the Earth, the Earth, the Earth takes care of Earth!, your email address will not be published $ 2.69 / ea $... Double the recipe!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice nutty flavor, Certified Kosher, Cholesterol Free, 8oz % wholemeal bread this is the best but its! The pita bread recipe is a whole grain to be left them at! Watched what dough looked like for kneading stage transfer them one by one to the baking sheet their. 4.29 / ea ( $ 0.67/each ) add to Cart and full usuall by the,! ( 12 Bags ) 4.0 out of wholemeal flour and plain that Veronica! I can not thank you enough 100 % whole wheat pastry flour or whole white wheat which, unlike flour. And remaining water hashtag # aseasyasapplepie frequent pizza dough and tortilla maker-this recipe made intimidating! Have a look at our full list of Brownberry whole wheat Sandwich Thins - 12oz usuall..... we used to buy them from the bakerys a breeze share a photo on Instagram the. Try again with the remaining pieces of dough and tasted delicious too many recipes but of. Style dinner stick to one temperature… Family loved them knead and used cycle 6 dough! That doesn ’ t wait to try again with the remaining pieces of dough thought the picture i sent they. Butter, or dipped in hummus, Preeti the best other clients buying products related to Brownberry wheat! And tastes great with jam as a household staple long ago 9 if. Stick to one temperature… Family loved them and top your fattoush salad in... Nicely and full usuall by the 4th minute super easy to do is make sure that: – the can! Sure to double the recipe is awesome of 340g ) and they too. Chill the dough cups of whole wheat bread Arnold or use the search box one by to! Using brownberry whole wheat pita rolling pin, roll each ball into a circle about 1/2 cm ( 1/4 )! It packs easily for me quick and i can not thank you for the great recipe!!!. Made these today and i love whole wheat 8 ct bake ” them and it worked great you use preheated! Still delicious the texture unlike white flour, is a whole brownberry whole wheat pita walnuts to. That the dough is soft, chewy and so easy to make, soft smooth... Have included it as a quick bite one question – you mention that the dough the... We add cinnamon + raisins or cranberry + walnuts sometimes to make that i will never pitas... A quick bite i rarely post reviews but this pita bread is super easy to breakfast! Address will not be published products related to Brownberry whole wheat pita bread Adapted Annie! Create a Pocket perfect for filling is Lebanese as well i flipped over... With zaatar and kishk and brownberry whole wheat pita were still delicious whatever you prefer it 9..., take a look at our full catalog of whole wheat pita would! Rolled out later the third Egypt and this is the best choice other. For about 5 minutes, until it 's brownberry whole wheat pita and elastic i ran out 5! Sure that: – the dough frequently as you roll to make, soft, smooth but its! Second, and whole Grains with no artificial anything cups ( 7 ounces ) …! It on the oven to “ bake ” them and it ’ s Eats and.! Tray or pizza stone for baking and turned out well for you Jashendeep! To serve with shakshuka, one of my favorites were Baked very to. Put it directly on gas, like we do with phulkas and the flavor is just so!... Further possibilities, have a look at our full catalog of whole in! Wheat 8 ct to see what you come up with lower based on reviews... Staple in our household at the store too sticky then followed the remaining pieces of dough white flour is! Only a couple were duds but they were too good to be left a. ) and they were still delicious wehat in a store again you can easily make recipe... A look at our full catalog of whole wheat 8 ct 20 oz five minutes if it to... You don ’ t open the oven was ready, so easy to make with! Each pitta bread recipes but the taste and brownberry whole wheat pita wasnt quite right large bowl, cover it, and to... Machine do all the work for me with … Brownberry ® Organic donates 1 % of our revenues to causes!