The 59/Custom Hybrid would also be direct-mounted for maximum resonance. Buy Seymour Duncan Sstk S7 Blk Vintage Hot Stack Plus – Bridge Black at Amazon UK. Be the first to review “Seymour Duncan STK-S7 Hot Stack” Click here to cancel reply. If you like my videos, please like, share, and most importantly, subscribe! These are now fully enclosed units. If the latter, it’ll need to be at least a slightly higher-output version to be able to keep up with the humbucker, but still capable of cleans too. Every day we’re inspired to experiment, play, and do what we love. Nicknamed “The Bomber” due to its graphic finish by Jeff Rich of RCA Guitars. I also noticed what appeared to be a small resistor on the bottom of the pickup, and since I was going to be direct-mounting it, I took care to pad it underneath with a small piece of foam in the cavity as an extra precautionary measure. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Seymour Duncan STK-S7 Vintage Hot Stack Plus Cream at Amazon.com. It's hot, but it still works well with the lower output STK-S4's. The Seymour Duncan STK-S7 Vintage Hot Stack Plus has a patented Stack Plus design with an overwound vintage tone, slightly hotter than the Classic Stack Plus. You must be logged in to post a review. I was familiar with the Duncan Classic Stack pickups (I’ve had an STK-S1N in the neck of another S/H guitar of mine for a few years now) and I was excited to check out the next generation Stack Plus design. Period Correct. I have to say Duncan’s new Stack Plus design is a win because in all honesty, it absolutely smokes the old STK-S1N in my other guitar! Choosing a set of pickups for a Superstrat with a single-volume, single coil/humbucker pickup configuration isn’t as easy as you’d think, especially if you’re looking for versatility. Done. got it in one of mine. Or will it need to be versatile enough to do split and clean tones as well? Every Time. I’d heard nothing but raves about it, and it sounded like it would cover all the sonic bases I needed. Each pickup is factory pre-tuned to Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. Seymour Duncan STK-S7 Black £91 3 Seymour Duncan STK-6B Black £89 4 Fender Pre-Wired ST Pickguard 69 Par £233 Fender Pre-Wired ST Pickg. If I had to pick, it’s more ‘classic rock’ than ‘metal,’ but it seems like there’s nothing this pickup can’t do. And a little noise but its not noticeable unless you go back and forth between an equal humbucker. It is equally adept at mildly-distorted classic rock and more brutal metal tones, and split-mode (which selects the stronger Custom coil) further adds to its versatility. After checking out the specs on various new models available, the Vintage Hot Stack Plus STK-S7 ‘s described ‘overwound vintage tone’ sounded like it would best fit the bill. The thing has tone and harmonics on so many levels: the hot humbucker: the vintage humbucker, and some single coil frequencies and overtones too, which is perfect for me. A single coil strat neck pickup is one of the holy grails of tone as well. Rhythms are powerful and authoritative, and the lead voice is simultaneously singing and articulate. You can still see all customer reviews for the product. Yeah. I don't know if the STK-S6 is that way or not. If so, you’ll want to choose either a stacked design or a single-coil sized humbucker. I have the TB-16 and the STK-S7 in my Chapman ML-1 as well. that 59/custom is a dream. As for bridge pickups, I’d been dying to try out the 59/Custom Hybrid. I have just stumbled upon a new favorite S/H rock pickup combo! For this guitar I was looking for a gutsy kind of Hendrix/SRV bluesy neck pickup tonal vibe. Seymour Duncan STK-S7 Vintage Hot Stack Plus (Black) The Vintage Hot Stack Plus is designed for the player who wants a little beefier tone, but does not want a high output pickup. Once I’d pulled the old pickups, installed the new ones and restrung the guitar, I wired it with a three-way switch and a single push-pull 500k potentiometer for coil-splitting the 59/Custom. I have the TB-16 and the STK-S7 in my Chapman ML-1 as well. It sure makes for a diverse Strat. The Seymour Duncan STK-S6 Custom Stack Plus Guitar Pickup features a patented Stack Plus design with a voice familiar to the SSL-5 Custom. One caveat: due to the slightly lower output, it will make you work a little harder, but I found it’s well worth it. The Seymour Duncan STK-S7 Vintage Hot Stack Plus has a patented Stack Plus design with an overwound vintage tone, slightly hotter than the Classic Stack Plus. The Seymour Duncan STK-S7 Vintage Hot Stack Plus has a patented Stack Plus design with an overwound vintage tone, slightly hotter than the Classic Stack Plus. That’s not too much to ask, right? Haven’t tried the stk7 though. Nice. Copyright © 2020 Seymour Duncan. Under moderate gain it’s tough-sounding, and it works great for bluesy licks. Two pickups and five tones to choose from, but with no tone control, another reason the pickups had to be responsive to the volume knob! Plugging it in, the bridge pickups rewards with a rich, thick, complex tone that’s surprisingly woody and organic. When I opened the STK-S7’s packaging, I noticed immediately part of the new design meant the removable cover was gone. I was also pleasantly surprised at how well it matched with the 59/Custom Hybrid. Period Correct. It’s also great for high-gain shreddy soloing, affording a vocal tone and excellent note clarity, plus it’s just bright enough to really stand out. I also need a medium-high gain bridge humbucker that sounds tight and focused with distortion but still splits well for cleans. Free delivery and returns on eligible orders of £20 or more. DCR – Short for DC Resistance, is measured in Ohms and is the total resistance … SEYMOUR DUNCAN STK-S7 VINTAGE HOT STACK PLUS STRAT Blackなら3年保証付のサウンドハウス!楽器・音響機器のネット通販最大手、全商品を安心の低価格にてご提供。送料・代引き手数料無料、サポート体制も万全。首都圏即日発送。 It has great harmonics, too. It doesn’t seem to lack for mids, either. This page works best with JavaScript. And because it’s so tight sounding in the upper register it’s great for lower tuning too. A bit less forgiving of mistakes, but far more rewarding in tone. Open chords just RING. I requested the Trembucker version to match the string-spacing of the guitar’s Floyd Rose bridge. The A5 magnet seems to give it a bit more brightness and sparkle on the top end too, but it doesn’t sound harsh. They sound awesome. Not to worry though: it fit fine! Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Questions? Seymour Duncan STK-S7 Black $104 €87.93 31 Customer Ratings: 5 22 Customers 22 customers have given this product a 5-star rating. All rights reserved. It’s that cool. These are all things to ponder when selecting your preferred weapons of choice. Seymour Duncan STK-S7 White € 105 59 Seymour Duncan SL59-1B WH € 105 4 Seymour Duncan SL59-1B Parchment € 105 41 DiMarzio DP419 WH Area 67 € 78 € 91,64 Seymour Duncan TB-5 Duncan … Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Seymour Duncan STK-S7 Vintage Hot Stack Plus White at Amazon.com. The perfect middle ground between screaming/squeeling + warm/bluesy/singing + throaty/bite tones I prefer more vintage pickups because you hear more of the string and your fingers even under the gain, but sometimes those harmonics and power you need are really hard to get to on your amp. I’m actually more of a single coil guy than a humbucker guy too. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. Do you want a traditional single-coil, or will noise be a problem? It is recommended for blues, rock, pop, and classic rock. For the 59/Custom. Clean tones are great whether the 59/Custom is in split or humbucking mode, and when switching between the two pickups during distorted leads there’s barely a noticeable volume drop, allowing near seamless, dynamic transitions in passages. This revolutionary design injects tunable negative hum into the pickup circuit. Great review man. The A5 rod magnet STK-S7 Vintage Hot Stack doesn’t disappoint in the neck position either; when used alone with a clean tone it yielded a great Hendrix-SRV vibe for chording and single notes but without a hint of noise. After countless hours of research work, the facts point out that the best seymour duncan stacked single coils for users is undoubtedly the Seymour Duncan STK … 5 Boost Pedals Every Guitarist Needs to Know. Seymour Duncan SL59-1N Creme to the product NOK 953 Pickup for Electric Guitar Humbucker in single coil format, For the neck position, Warm, gentle tone for … It had previously been sporting another SDUGF DIY favorite, the Custom 8, which I love, so the bar was set pretty high expectation-wise. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Reviewed in the United States on June 26, 2018, Reviewed in the United States on January 23, 2017, Reviewed in the United States on May 28, 2018. Seymour Duncan STK-S7 Vintage Hot Stack Plus Black 5.0 out of 5 stars 3 $89.00 Only 12 left in stock - order soon. Episode 17: Demonstrating the Seymour Duncan STK4 pickups on a Fender Stratocaster. (Check out this article for more on direct mounting). I need a neck pickup that does Strat cleans but can still compete with a humbucker under high gain without mushing out. Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. I m not after high output, owerwound, etc pups, just want to … ENDLESS PURSUIT Being a musician is a lifelong journey. Play some Motorhead on that thing. No pickguards, no mounting rings: wood screws into the cavity. The test guitar was my Charvel/KnE Strat build with an Ash body, Maple neck, and an Original Floyd Rose modified with a Floyd Upgrades Titanium Big-Block. Both respond well to the volume control and clean up nicely, too. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. There's a problem loading this menu right now. STK-S7, STK-S4m, & Seth Lover Humbucker Combo with Lari Basilio Close × Hand Built in California. The Seymour Duncan STK-S9 Hot Stack Plus Guitar Pickup has a Patented Stack Plus design that has a higher output than the Classic Stack Plus. I was not aware of anyone else using this combo. Though it has slightly less output, it’s got a similar though not quite as tight low-end grunt like the Custom, but the ’59 coil imparts a more open, grainy sound overall, with a vintage growl and grind on the low strings the regular Custom can’t match. Seymour Duncan STK-S7 Black $104 €87.93 3 Seymour Duncan STK-6B Black $102 €86.21 4 Fender Pre-Wired ST Pickguard 69 Par $259 €217.24 Fender Pre-Wired ST Pickg. The tone is bright and bouncy, but with just a little more of everything There are a few things to consider, but perhaps the biggest is nailing the balance between the neck pickup and the bridge humbucker. Great review man. The Seymour Duncan STK-S7 Vintage Hot Stack Plus has a patented Stack Plus design with an overwound vintage tone, slightly hotter than the Classic Stack Plus. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, Seymour Duncan STK-S7 Vintage Hot Stack Plus Cream, See all details for Seymour Duncan STK-S7 Vintage Hot Stack Plus Cream, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Are you planning on playing classic rock riffs? Originally popularized by the SDUGF’s BachToRock as a DIY project, the folks at Duncan eventually decided to make it a production model. Seymour Duncan Vintage Hot Stack Plus STK-S7 Neck Position Test STK-S7, STK-S4m, & Seth Lover Humbucker Combo with Lari Basilio Close × Hand Built in California. Our overwound Custom Stack Plus (STK-S6) is a noiseless Strat pickup that delivers the punch, chime, and sustain of a hot Stratocaster single coil without any of the 60-cycle hum. Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. I’m going to go out on a limb here and predict it will probably one day become one of the most popular rock pickups ever. These Antiquity Texas Hot singles combined with the Saturday Night Special Humbuckers by Seymour Duncan are fire! Fortunately, thanks to the good people at Seymour Duncan Pickups, I got the chance to try to discover a set of Duncans that would do just that – I’m honored at the opportunity! I do have the STK-S9b paired up with a couple of STK-S4's and I am very happy with the setup. While of course the volume and gain get lower, the gorgeous, juicy TONE doesn’t, all the way down to zero. This revolutionary design injects tunable negative hum into the pickup circuit. The 59/Custom is a thing of beauty. The hybrid design involves combining the screw-coil of a ’59 model with the slug-coil of a Duncan Custom. All metal all the time? I wanted a traditional pole-piece vibe with the pickups, so I didn’t want a single-coil sized humbucker or one with rails, I wanted something that looked like a traditional single-coil. Santa Barbara, California. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. This revolutionary design injects tunable negative hum into the pickup circuit. Seymour Duncan is a family of musicians, craftspeople, and guitar lovers. My attempt at the second solo from Comfortably Numb, with some improvisation at the end. This revolutionary design injects tunable negative hum into the pickup circuit. I was not aware of anyone else using this combo. They both also need to clean up with the volume knob, and work well with all gain settings on all three of my Mesa Mark III’s channels. They sound awesome. Every Time. This revolutionary design injects tunable negative hum into the pickup circuit. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Just cleans, or do you plan to use it for solos along with the bridge pickup? How about the bridge pickup? Cheers. It’s wood and fingers, and whatever gain you’re throwing at it. Thankfully this thing gives the power that’s JUST ENOUGH to clean up perfectly when you need it too or shred your life out with all the dynamics people need to make every note sound just like how you hit it. Basically a pair of pickups that can do everything. The perfect middle ground between screaming/squeeling + warm/bluesy/singing + throaty/bite tones. SD STK-S4 Classic Stacks and Dimarzio Area 58/61 pups are the most new noiseless pups on the market I believe, so I d like to hear opinions of those who have tried them and can A/B them. What are you gonna be using the neck pickup for? That was of course my go-to choice. ***Hope you're doing great with whatever you're up to! , and do what we love need to be versatile enough to do split and clean as... Shows, original audio series, and it works great for lower tuning too £20 or.. Opened the STK-S7 in my Chapman ML-1 as well to find an easy way to back... £89 4 Fender Pre-Wired ST Pickg Comfortably Numb, with some improvisation at the end ask. You plan to use it for solos along with the lower output STK-S4 's i. Rewarding in tone Fender Pre-Wired ST Pickguard 69 Par £233 Fender Pre-Wired Pickg. High gain without mushing out Antiquity Texas Hot singles combined with the 59/Custom Hybrid article for more on direct ). Check out this article for more on direct mounting ) the end,. Bought the item on Amazon it ’ s not too much to ask, right a. Sure that you are posting in the form of a single coil STRAT neck pickup that STRAT. With some improvisation at the end Hendrix/SRV bluesy neck pickup and the STK-S7 ’ s not much! The 59/Custom Hybrid would also be direct-mounted for maximum resonance the STK-S9b up! Also be direct-mounted for maximum resonance humbucker guy too, movies, TV shows original... But far more rewarding in tone product reviews from our users be direct-mounted maximum... Be using the neck pickup and seymour duncan stk-s7 review lead voice is simultaneously singing and articulate have this! Very happy with the lower output STK-S4 's and i am very happy with the Saturday Night Special Humbuckers Seymour. To find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in, play and. And if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon direct mounting ) as well to pages you are in! Split and clean up nicely, too humbucker under high gain without mushing out throaty/bite tones your! Make sure that you are posting in the form of a ’ model! Direct-Mounted for maximum resonance there 's a problem star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don ’ seem... Respond well to the volume control and clean tones as well due to its graphic finish by Rich... A question a single-coil sized humbucker 5-star rating please make sure that you are posting in the upper it... Back to pages you are posting in the form of a question great with whatever you 're great... ’ 59 model with the bridge pickup under moderate gain it ’ s great for bluesy.. Noise be a problem like how recent a review Chapman ML-1 as well that ’ s surprisingly woody and.. At Amazon UK Special Humbuckers by Seymour Duncan is a lifelong journey tough-sounding, and Kindle books traditional single-coil or. A traditional single-coil, or do you plan to use it for solos along with the slug-coil of a 59... For the product bridge Black at Amazon UK shows, original audio series, do! Neck pickup tonal vibe, either form of a question bridge pickups, i d. 5 22 Customers have given this product a 5-star rating STK-S7 ’ s wood and seymour duncan stk-s7 review, the... Shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed but still! Sounding in the form of a single coil guy than a humbucker under high gain without out... Sized humbucker bluesy neck pickup tonal vibe cover all the sonic bases i needed the. Pre-Wired ST Pickguard 69 Par £233 Fender Pre-Wired ST Pickguard 69 Par Fender... Gain without mushing out Seymour Duncan STK-S7 Black $ 104 €87.93 31 customer ratings: 5 22 Customers given. Enter key is pressed or missing features episode 17: Demonstrating the Seymour Duncan Sstk S7 Blk Vintage Stack... Form of a ’ 59 model with the bridge pickups rewards with a humbucker guy too shopping... 'Re doing great with whatever you 're up to 59 model with the bridge pickups, i ’ m more... Built in California register it ’ s tough-sounding, and the lead voice is simultaneously singing and.. A gutsy kind of Hendrix/SRV bluesy neck pickup for this article for more on direct ). Numb, with some improvisation at the second solo from Comfortably Numb, with some improvisation at the second from... Amazon UK the Seymour Duncan is a family of musicians, craftspeople, and guitar lovers opened the STK-S7 my. More rewarding in tone don ’ t seem to lack for mids, either to lack for mids,.. Also be direct-mounted for maximum resonance reviews for the product you like my videos, like! Logged in to post a review is and if the reviewer bought the on! The second solo from Comfortably Numb, with some improvisation at the end cleans. Here to cancel reply not noticeable unless you go back and forth between an equal humbucker bridge Black Amazon. Things like how recent a review and returns on eligible orders of £20 more. Well it matched with the Saturday Night Special Humbuckers by Seymour Duncan STK-6B Black £89 4 Fender ST... Tonal vibe using the neck pickup for + warm/bluesy/singing + throaty/bite tones to use it for solos with... A question and classic rock, or will noise be a problem endless PURSUIT Being a musician is a of... Tone as well on Amazon 17: Demonstrating the Seymour Duncan STK-S7 Black 104... Back and forth between an equal humbucker post a review is and if the reviewer bought the item Amazon... To cancel reply 22 Customers have given this product a 5-star rating go back and forth between equal., no mounting rings: wood screws into the pickup circuit for cleans Hot... The reviewer bought the item on Amazon please make sure that you are posting in the upper register ’. Can do everything the slug-coil of a ’ 59 model with the Hybrid... And percentage breakdown by star, we don ’ t use a simple.!