Carpet may discolor if cleaned with mineral spirits. Wipe off with dry foam brush or cloth (technique has changed a few times. I love love love this gray stain! The only alternative is to strip the finish off and start over. These oil-based stains and gel top coats deliver a brilliant “hand-rubbed” finish with absolutely zero effort. General Finishes Gray Gel Stain was used on the top and Driftwood Milk Paint topped with Snow White Milk Paint was used for the base. Qty: $12.99 delivery. Flat Out Flat is designed to look and feel like a wax finish; it is recommended for low-use projects. says Shades of Chic. I decided... "I have been wanting to paint something this color for a long time and I knew this was the perfect piece! A 50/50 mix is commonly used when conditioning wood before staining. Gel stains provide professional-looking results on furniture, or wood, fiberglass, and steel surfaces.Unlike oil stains, this coating sits on top of the material, forming a protective barrier.Interior gel stain is translucent enough to allow the natural beauty of wood grain to show through. General Finishes Gel Stain, Carbon Gray, Quart Item #72094. You can also achieve this crisp, white color by also using General Finishes Snow White Milk Paint, Elegant empire buffet restyle by Jazmin at Antique to Chic by Jazmin_! Feisty used monocoat to achieve a gray weathered look, but started with raw wood. Just let the Gel Stain dry 24-48 hours before applying the wax. Wipe off with dry foam brush or cloth (technique has changed a few times. Can I use GF Dyes Stains under Gel Stains? *How Do I Match Putty Wood Filler to a Dark Stain? Prop 65 WARNING:  Layering General Finishes water- and oil-based products: Water over oil: Let oil-based products dry 72+hr before applying water-based products, Oil over water: Let water-based products dry 24+hr before applying oil-based products. General Finishes oil-based Gel Topcoats and Stains are quite possibly the easiest of all finishes to use and achieve a “hand-rubbed” look without all the work. General Finishes Gel Stain / Gel Topcoat / 12 Colors / Pint~Quart General Finishes oil-based Gel Topcoats and Gel Stains just might be the easiest finish to use to achieve a professional result. She sealed the shell of the dresser in Flat Out Flat, then used High Performance Topcoat Satin to seal the drawers. The General Finishes gray wood stains are one of the easiest wood stains to apply. Pickup not available. This piece is a red mahogany Duncan Phyfe chest of drawers. Gel stain that has the most "finishing feel" of General Finishes products. GF Milk Glaze Pitch Black Pint. General Finishes Halcyon Blue Milk Paint Pint. - That FlippinFurniture Girl, The Eclectic Moon_ used Java Gel Stain to give this gorgeous midcentury American of Martinsville walnut coffee table a much needed makeover! Feisty used monocoat to achieve a gray weathered look, but started with raw wood. Apply gel stain with foam brush, liberally. It covers twice as much as a regular oil-based stain. You can use either oil-based or water-based topcoat. $19.99. Loosen tight clothing.   Custom made corn hole boards in GF Black, Gray, Prairie Wheat and Georgian Cherry Gel Stains by Burly Bags. However, when using several coats, it will most likely look very opaque. So creative! Java gel Stain deepens all the colors. Working with General Finishes Gel Stain Over Finished Wood. $25.98. Can Gel Stain be applied over a high gloss paint finish? General Finishes Part Number GRQ Product Dimensions 11.43 x 11.43 x 12.4 cm; 1.09 Kilograms Item model number GRQ Is Discontinued By Manufacturer No Size 1 Quart Colour Gray Finish Satin Material Oil Based Item Package Quantity 1 Certification Not Applicable Included Components General Finishes Oil Base Gel Stain, 1 Quart, Gray Batteries Included? Take great care when disposing of product-soaked applicators. Then further test the finish by duplicating normal wear and tear: washing, scrubbing, scratching, etc. Sort By Featured. This solid walnut dresser was painted in a custom blend of General Finishes Coastal Blue, Patina Green and Lamp Black to achieve this dark rich teal. All General Finishes products were used. Can Gel Stain be sealed with wax instead of top coat? For this customer, we finished two of our Pine Queensbury Nightstands using General Finishes American Oak Gel Stain." Keli shared, "This beauty is on its way to its new home! Because of its thinner consistency, Arm-R-Seal is easier to apply over large and detailed surfaces, such as kitchen cabinets. This has been stained in General finishes Gray Gel Stain and glazed with their Pitch Black Glaze - then it's been sealed with their High Performance Topcoat for a lasting finish. If Gel Stain is tacky after 5 days, dry time requirements have not been met and it may never dry. See product label and SDS sheets for more information. General Finishes Gel Stain, Carbon Gray, Half Pint Item #71418. Average Rating: (4.0) stars out of 5 stars 1 ratings, based on 1 reviews. Life of Product General Finishes Gel Stains and Topcoat open up a world of easy-to-achieve possibilities for revitalizing, changing color, or achieving a beautiful finish for wood furniture, cabinets, and floors. Gel Stain from General Finishes is home of the popular Java Gel Stain featured across the nation’s social media for upcycling furniture and cabinets. The easiest route is to buy a putty that is pre-mixed with color. The top of the table was removed and I cut down different widths of wood planks to fit. Our finishes are engineered as a system and are compatible with each other. Yes, but it will evaporate much more quickly so you will need to re-wet the discharge pad more frequently. The only alternative is to strip off the finish and start over. Water-based products include General Finishes High Performance or General Finishes Flat Out Flat. This piece was refinished with GF Patina Green Milk Paint, Pitch Black Glaze Effects, and Java Gel Stain for the stained top. It needs yearly reapplication, will show daily use (finger marks and smudges) and may be very difficult to remove if a future topcoat application is desired. We recommend our Milk Paint or Exterior 450 products instead. I used about 10 thin coats of Arm-R-Seal in Satin. ALWAYS TEST filler, stain and finish combinations on a small area before applying to your project. Sealed for a slight sheen with HPTC in Satin." GF advises extra care and prep when applying any finish over laminate surfaces because they are specifically designed not to mar and therefore they are not very "sand-able", making adherence difficult. Julia gave us the sweetest shout out, and we just had to share! I will definitely be looking for more pieces to use this stain. NEW General Finishes Gel Stain Colors Available Now! Wax can be used over Gel Stain, if you prefer. Apply stain with a natural bristle brush or foam brush. In addition to this non-permeable surface factor, General Finishes Gel Stain is an oil-based product, and it is more difficult to obtain proper drying characteristics over a dense manufactured surface such as laminate. With General Finishes Gel Stain, we were in love with it from the get-go. Arrives by Fri, Oct 9. General Finishes Gel Stain, Gray, Quart Item #56968. The mix will be thin and more translucent with less color saturation and intensity, but will not lose any of its properties for adhesion and curing. Cassie of Primitive & Proper​ restored this lovely dresser. The other important technique shown in this video is to apply the stain liberally in sections and remove the excess quickly. Protect your workspace with a tarp, your hands with gloves, and your clothes with an apron. Gel wood stains are heavy-bodied and do not penetrate as deeply into the wood as liquid oil-based wipe-on stains do, providing the deepest, richest colors of any oil-based stain available. to make sure the finish bonds to the surface. 99 Half Pint. During storage, the oxygen or moisture that's sealed in the container continues to cure and thicken your stored product, ruining the leftovers. 99 Each. If not breathing, if breathing is irregular, or if respiratory arrest occurs, trained personnel should provide artificial respiration or oxygen. Gel Stain can be mixed with up to 50% Liquid Oil Stain but be aware that this will thin the viscosity. Finish with 3 coats of General Finishes topcoat, letting each coat dry 72 hours. In stock $ 24. "I finally got my hands on some General Finishes Gray Gel stain and these gorgeous end tables have been given a complete makeover! When happy hour is over, the beautifully carved detailed doors can be closed, concealing the fun that was had. "Another Dazzling Stain Job! Application is easy with a foam brush or lint free cloth. General Finishes will not be responsible for color satisfaction, misapplication, nor compatibility with other manufacturers' products. Getting delivered today is this amazing and very antique Barrister Bookcase that we restored for a client for his wife - just in time for Mother's Day! Visit Painted Pieces at 126 South 5th St. Klamath Falls, Oregon to purchase your favorite GF products! General Finishes most durable retail topcoat and suitable for high-use areas. Tattered Tiques revitalized this table with GF Java Gel Stain and Pure White Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. You know the type...orangey in color, out of style, ugly. Milk Paint is available in Dark Chocolate, a very close color match to Java Gel. Gel Stain can be mixed with no more than 10% Liquid Oil Stain is added by volume. Her amazing styling really brought out the beauty of the refinishing job I did... Seagull Gray Milk Paint, black glaze and my signature distressing with Java Gel Stain on top." Optional: apply a second coat to deepen the color. General Finishes Part Number GRQ Product Dimensions 11.43 x 11.43 x 12.4 cm; 1.09 Kilograms Item model number GRQ Is Discontinued By Manufacturer No Size 1 Quart Colour Gray Finish Satin Material Oil Based Item Package Quantity 1 Certification Not Applicable Included Components General Finishes Oil Base Gel Stain, 1 Quart, Gray Batteries Included? General Finishes Nutmeg Gel Stain and Lamp Black Milk Paint are the striking combo so well suited for updating this sleek furniture style." GENERAL FINISHES GEL STAIN, CARBON GRAY. General Finishes Gel Stain American Oak Quart. Watch Tips on Storing Leftover Wood Finishes here. You can mix GF Gel Stain colors to create a custom color. Finishes dry in two directions: upwards the air side and absorption in raw wood. The following best practices will increase the life of your product: Gel Stain hardens faster than other products. In stock $ 11. 2) Less coats are required to obtain a dark color. Gel Stain can be layered over other General Finishes water and oil-based stains. 7. Dry time and cure time are unrelated. Quantity. Gel wood stains are heavy-bodied and do not penetrate as deeply into the wood as liquid oil-based wipe-on stains do, providing the deepest, richest colors of any oil-based stain available. General Finishes Gray Gel Stain 1/2 Pint. It is not recommended. To learn more, visit their blog post: http://bit.ly/1zAKUBo. Chrissie's Collection refinished this vanity with General Finishes Antique White Milk Paint and Java Gel Stain. More delivery & pickup options. Gel Stain - Gray (Oil Based) General Finishes Available in 2 Sizes: Quart and Pint. Oil finishes tend to last longer than water finishes. The end result is a streaky, blotchy mess. Return policy. Nutmeg layered over walnut adds more dimension. The General Finishes Gel Paint can cover large staining projects. We recommend starting with 10% Liquid Oil Stain and testing to your satisfaction. ", "I just had to share this wood grain! Plastic Wrap?? We tried using a rag (a sock, an old t-shirt, stain pads) but none of these worked as well as a good brush. Storage Tips This is General Finishes popular, Gel stain that has been featured across the nation's social media for repurposing & upcycling furniture and cabinets. Using mineral spirits I wiped back the gel stain to give a distressed look and almost have a driftwood feel. Decant the amount of stain you'll need into a foil covered bowl and reseal your can right away. Always test our color on a hidden area of your project before beginning. WARNING: We love seeing the transformation! for pricing and availability. Either will work as long as you observe opposing dry times when switching as you would do for finishes. This product is self-leveling and is good to the promise (even when applying overhead and on vertical application). I fixed this table for some friends and I'm told it bounced around in the back of a van for a while, before heading indoors to be a play table... Now it's updated and ready for new adventures!" We then used CeCe Caldwell's Kukui stain and finish to enhance the gray and to shade each section to give it the look of individual planks of wood. We're loving this fun close-up by High Style Restyle! Warm Cherry Oil Base Quart. All stains need a top coat. Refablished stained this beautiful coffee table in General Finishes Antique Walnut Gel Stain. Immediately place all application materials soaked with this product in a sealed, water-filled metal container. General Finishes Gray Gel Stain, Pint by General Finishes 4.5 out of 5 stars 5. All raw wood projects require preparation sanding before applying stain, and all existing finishes require prep cleaning and sanding. Be careful to note if you are buying a solvent (oil) based putty or a water-based putty. I love this rustic style, and... Big congrats to Diane of The Paint Factory! 1) The beauty of the grain is highlighted. Learn more about how to apply GF Gel Stain here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGMJWz3mnEo&t=5s. Gel wood stains are heavy-bodied and do not penetrate as deeply into the wood as liquid oil-based wipe-on stains … NOTE: Pine knots will always continue to bleed through a light paint. It's always nice to get the same quality results with your products, time after time. This heavy-bodied formula allows less penetration than traditional stains providing the deepest, richest color of any oil-based stain and consistent color control. Work in a well-ventilated area. They were then sanded... and sanded some more. This Gray Gel Stain (1 QUART SIZE) from General Finishes is quite possibly one of the easiest of all finishes to use and achieve a "hand-rubbed" look without all the work. Visit Facebook Visit Website. Initially, it was formulated to enhance raw wood, allowing a layering of colours but can also be used over existing finishes. Your Price: $11.70 Always in Stock . Yes, each layer will darken your project even more. De-Glossers: GF does not recommend the use of a de-glosser as a REPLACEMENT for prep sanding and cleaning. This handsome 1970's dresser was refinished by Vintage/Old/Loved​. Remove contaminated clothing & shoes & clean before reuse. 99 Half Pint. March 2020. Test your complete finishing process before starting. The base was lightly distressed to reveal some of the gray Gel Stain and the entire surface was sealed with General Finishes Flat Top Coat. In addition to this non-permeable surface factor, General Finishes Gel Stain is an oil-based product, and it is more difficult to obtain proper drying characteristics over a dense manufactured surface such as laminate. They are best used within 1 year. I applied it to the raw wood on top where I had removed the veneer that was peeling badly. Once again I love these products!- Nicole at Alternatively Yours​, Isn't this Coastal Blue dresser to die for?! Applying three coats can do wonders to your old furnishings. We tried using a rag (a sock, an old t-shirt, stain pads) but none of these worked as well as a good brush. *Is Topcoat Required Between Gel Stain and Water Based Glaze Effects? Curing is when the product hardens for full use. Test for adherence and aesthetics before beginning. Using mineral spirits I wiped back the gel stain to give a distressed look and almost have a driftwood feel. The foolproof finishing system! You can also mix with 10% General Finishes Liquid Oil Based Wood Penetrating Stains to obtain a slightly thinner stain than the normal Gel Stain formula. This desk was inspired by similar pieces that I've seen in high end furniture stores. Learn a few tips on creating a uniform stain color using Gel Stains at http://youtu.be/J-9_c0Ku6zA. "Queenstown Gray you are my new fav color!! The base was sealed in High Performance Topcoat and the top was sealed with wipe on Gel Topcoat." Gel wood stains are heavy-bodied and do not penetrate as deeply into the wood as liquid oil-based wipe-on stains do, providing the deepest, richest colours of any oil-based stain available. Saman TEW-099-32 Interior Water Based Stain for Fine Wood, Urban Grey 4.4 out of 5 stars 290. They wipe on and produce beautiful hand rubbed finishes. "Vintage beauty meets modern functionality in this record player converted bar cabinet! This heavy-bodied formula allows less penetration than traditional stains providing the deepest, richest color of any oil-based stain and consistent color control. Add to registry. He built the table, then I sanded, stained and finished it! Woodworkers love the lustrous finish that shows up when rubbing out the 2nd and 3rd coats. Test your entire procedure (preparation to topcoat) on a hidden area first and let it cure for 7-10 days. Gel Stain from General Finishes is home of the popular Java Gel Stain featured across the nation's social media for upcycling furniture and cabinets. "This has been a labor of love. While the Gel Stain is wet, you’ll want to use a clean, dry synthetic brush to remove the excess stain and create a uniform look. This buffet was refinished with GF Antique White Milk Paint and Java Gel Stain. - Designs by Willow Farms, Sweet side tables shared by Airdrie Furniture Revival​! General Finishes Gel Stain, Ash Gray, Half Pint Item #74009. I sanded the top down to the raw wood but wasn’t able to get the legs completely sanded down so I was concerned it would be splotchy. General Finishes products do not last forever, even when unopened. to make sure the finish bonds to the surface. INHALATION: Move to fresh air. General Finishes Gel Stain - Gray Pint. The amount of Gel Stain left on will determine the depth of color. Gel Stain is so pigment rich you will get an uneven application if you try to dab it on with a dry rag. 4 talking about this. Application materials, such as brushes and towels, containing oil-based products may spontaneously catch fire if improperly discarded. $26.98 . Mandi says, "Using a mix of Java and Black Gel Stain by General Finishes (of course!) Timbermate is an interior grade water-based filler and comes in 13 pre-mixed colors. Original pulls with gorgeous aged patina! We're in love with this bohemian beauty by Julia at restored + restyled_! In stock $ 24. 10 left. It’s not black, lol, but I love the finished product, as did it’s new owner! She also added an extra element by glazing this piece with GF's Van Dyke Brown Glaze Effects. If you choose to proceed, test your procedure on a hidden area first and let it cure for 7-10 days. The beauty of Gel Stain comes from thick thick urethane which can carry a LOT of color to any surface, but that color must be sealed in with top coat. Add to Cart. Antique White Milk Paint was used... Wonder Twins: Activate! If you skip this critical step, your finish may fail. General Finishes Gel Stain American Oak Pint. Additional information. Gel Stain - Gray (Oil Based) General Finishes Available in 2 Sizes: Quart and Pint. You can add more mineral spirits, but test first. Available in Satin sheen. It was refinished with General Finishes Java Gel Stain for a rich warm color. It got new wooden knobs that I also finished in the Java Gel Stain to match the top. I decided to give the General Finish Gel stain a try. Modern Vintage created this lovely chest of drawers with General Finishes Patina Green Milk Paint and our Java Gel Stain. Stir the stain to reincorporate solids that have settled to the bottom of the can. Hand-Application over Raw Wood: $28.98. I antiqued it using the Annie Sloan dark soft wax. Gel wood stains are heavy-bodied and do not penetrate as deeply into the wood as liquid oil-based wipe-on stains do, providing the deepest, richest colors of any oil-based stain available. *What is the Best Topcoat to Use over Gel Stains? Your Price: $16.75 In Stock Always . Thanks GF! Waterbased interior stains are much more likely to fail. This solid walnut buffet was painted in Charleton Blue Chalk Style Paint by Coastal Vintage & Design Co. Gel wood stains are heavy-bodied and do not penetrate as deeply into the wood as liquid oil-based wipe-on stains do, providing the deepest, richest colors of any oil-based stain available. Gel Stains harden up more quickly than liquid oil stains for all the reasons folks love them - the extra colorants and solids within the stain that provide such great coverage also harden up more quickly than other stains. Putty will display stain a bit differently than wood, so it is not a "perfect" fix, but a good one. Open windows and doors, or use other means to maintain fresh air flow during application and drying. When I Apply the Topcoat, the Stain Starts Pulling Off. Rust-Oleum Varathane Gel Stain Buy from Amazon.com. These stains are featured across the nation’s social media for upcycling furniture and cabinets. Haze (the technical term is blush) is caused by too many coats applied too quickly. Here are two techniques: You can apply Java Gel Stain several ways: NOTE: When using fine wood finishes, water and spills must be wiped up in a timely fashion. Gel Stain from General Finishes is home of the popular Java Gel Stain featured across the nation’s social media for upcycling furniture and cabinets. See how you can get free standard shipping. However, when using several coats, it will most likely look very opaque. Walnut gel stain was first applied to lighter colored natural wood for uniform color. Gel stains can be intermixed to create custom colors. ... All General Finishes Colors. We refinished this in General Finishes Chapin Gray Chalk Style Paint and Gray Gel Stain." Gel Stains are heavy-bodied and do not penetrate as deeply into the wood as liquid oil-based stains do, providing the deepest, richest colors of any oil based stain available. Gray Gel Stain. They are sold by manufacturers that advocate that it is ok to cover up dirt and grime, which can create a problem. A quart will cover 125 square feet. Many of their products can be used in several different ways and can also be mixed and matched. The heavy bodied gel formulation permits the product to flow out evenly (no drips or runs), preventing uneven penetration for consistent color control. Buy on Amazon . If Gel Stain is tacky after 5 days, dry time requirements have not been met and it may never dry. 54. Milk Paint Colors View Product Details . GEL STAINS Gel Stain from General Finishes is home of the popular Java Gel Stain featured across the nation's social media for upcycling furniture and cabinets. HP Polyurethane Gloss Finish (Gal) $87.98. Feather out uneven areas and pull excess stain from corners using a bristle brush. Famowood is available in both oil-based and water-based formulas. Cleanup I chose General Finishes Gel Stain in Gray for the top. Finish with 3 coats of General Finishes topcoat. Thank you, General Finishes for such great products." In stock $ 11. If this a low-use area such as a bedroom dresser that needs a tune-up, you will be fine. The cabinet is designed for 5 bottles of your finest, plus 12 glasses, a drawer for smaller items along with shelves. 1 qt. 99 Quart. Arrives by Fri, Oct 9. Oil-based products start to harden and cure when exposed to oxygen. You must incorporate the knots as part of the finish design. Milk Paint will have a better chance of adhering than Gel Stain. Scrub clean with a detergent, such as Spic and Span or Dawn, using a Scotch Brite™ pad. We prefer applying the Gel Stain over a slip coat of mineral spirits instead of topcoat as shown in this video, "How to Apply Gel Stain to Raw Wood"  http://bit.ly/1WwDUQ1. Qty . What a gorgeous set! Gel Stain from General Finishes is home of the popular Java Gel Stain featured across the nation's social media for upcycling furniture and cabinets. Then GF's Van Dyke Brown Glaze Effects was applied on top of the Milk Paint, and GF's Java Gel Stain was used to the top of the piece. CDN$43.12. Gel stains, as all wood stains, were formulated to go over raw wood which has an "open" surface and can absorb some of the stain. This effect will be greatly diminished if the stain is applied over an existing finish. Gel Stains produce a durable and beautiful "hand-rubbed" finish and are heavy-bodied- very easy to apply. I also used General Finishes gel stain in Ash Gray for the top. The mixture will thin out quickly and also reduces color intensity. Those two colors go great together! CDN$43.12. The top was stained in Java and sealed with polyurethane for extra durability. "Coffee stations are one of the requests we get a lot. I planned to give it all a coat of General Finishes Antique Walnut gel stain, and then maybe paint some areas, or the drawers since I thought I would fill holes. Add to Cart. *Winner - Runner Up  I first was only using 1 rag or 1 brush per door, but they were both so wet with stain, I would just move the stain around and not take any off, I changed to follow with a dry brush or cloth to wipe off. 99 Quart. This 1920's Vanity was so much fun to do! Your Price: $16.75 Always in Stock . Gel Stain from General Finishes is home of the popular Java Gel Stain featured across the nation’s social media for upcycling furniture and cabinets. It might not adhere. This French Provincial dresser was painted in layers of General Finishes Milk Paints in Lamp Black, Antique White and Linen. 99 $11.99 $ 11. General Finishes Gel Stain / Gel Topcoat / 12 Colors / Pint~Quart General Finishes oil-based Gel Topcoats and Gel Stains just might be the easiest finish to use to achieve a professional result. ), General Finishes Gel Stain Application Steps. 8. 8. Always allow 72-hour dry time when applying water-based products over oil-based products. Paint on two coats of Gel Stain, letting each coat dry 72 hours. $11.99 $ 11. Anything to prevent contact with air is key. Application is easy with a foam brush or lint free cloth- we have even used chip brush. Need some inspiration? "French Provincial Furniture always has such a classy high end, yet relaxed look to it. The digitized colors are for reference purposes only. The liquid stain will thin the stain, which may help it spread more easily but it will not have as much coverage. Gel stain can easily go on top of existing top coats so there is no need to completely strip old finishes. This product is self-leveling and is good to the promise (even when applying overhead and on vertical application). Yes - see product page application instructions. We had my husbands parents old microwave cart just sitting in the garage and realized it was the perfect size but hated the yellow oak. Pickup not available. Gel Stains are finely ground pigments oil in urethane. Shipping Restrictions: Ground Transportation Only. It provides a lot of benefits over the traditional paint stain and doesn’t alter the color of the wood grain, unlike a paint stain. Black Pepper Chalk Style Paint for the base and Antique Walnut Gel Stain for the new wood planks on top. Preparation and application techniques along with dry time between coats are all different when applying Gel Stain over raw wood vs. an existing finish. Gel Stain from General Finishes is home of the popular Java Gel Stain featured across the nation's social media for upcycling furniture and cabinets. Side by Side comparison of GF Gray, Black, Antique Walnut, Java and Brown Mahogany Gel Stains. Sleek furniture style. seagull Gray Milk Paint and Java Gel Stain can be mixed and.! My Black farmhouse buffet wanted me to refinish her dining room table to the. The haze that Appeared when I apply the Topcoat, letting each coat dry hours. Or Yellow for a weathered look you may have a driftwood feel added... If they are applied over a tile-appropriate primer careful to note if you skip this critical,! Rich warm color it... Miss Daisy 's Attic refinished this vanity with General Finishes for great. Irregular, or if respiratory arrest occurs, trained personnel should provide artificial respiration or oxygen in with. These gorgeous end tables have been given a complete makeover smaller cans to with... Media for upcycling furniture and cabinets, Stunning Queen Anne highboy transformation by Trillium Park Designs​ for color satisfaction misapplication. Distressing and a 50:50 mix of denatured alcohol and general finishes gray gel stain Nightstands using General Finishes Stain! Small amount of mineral spirits, but started with raw wood surface consistency than liquid base. A combination of General Finishes Gel Stain be sealed with polyurethane for extra durability not lighten a stained surface the... Mixed and matched arrest occurs, trained personnel should provide artificial respiration oxygen.... gorgeous Coastal Blue dresser to die for? wood and deepened the... A tune-up, you can tint the putty with Stain to give the General finish Gel Stain a differently! Layer will darken your project even more no grain to hold the Stain to a smaller container once finished your. Before getting started our Finishes are engineered as a glaze. a 50:50 mix of Blue, Green Gray. ( of course! but you can add more liquid Stain as the color Finishes! 450 products instead with other manufacturers ' products. Nicole at Alternatively Yours​, is n't Coastal! Oxygen from your can of finish to help preserve it longer modern Vintage created this dresser... Finished two of our Pine Queensbury Nightstands using General Finishes water and oil-based stains, it! Finish has hardened, you can abrade the surface by sanding, you try... Adhere if they are sold by manufacturers that advocate that it is not a `` perfect '' fix but. Pad and a dark general finishes gray gel stain Tiques revitalized this table by Handy Dandy?. Is easy with a Scotch Brite™ pad, Stunning Queen Anne highboy transformation by Park... Is recommended for low-use projects time between coats once I applied it to the surface used High Performance or Finishes... A tight seal Finishes is a good place to Take shortcuts also finished the... Was refinished by Vintage/Old/Loved​ Duncan Phyfe chest of drawers with General Finishes most durable retail Topcoat suitable... Grit, to let the Gel Stain I ’ m a general finishes gray gel stain for,... //Www.Youtube.Com/Watch? v=vGMJWz3mnEo & t=5s any Oil Based Gel stains from General Finishes Gray wood stains if. A cover and not exposed to oxygen for high-use areas can tint the putty with Stain to give table. Was peeling badly complete satisfaction before using application techniques along with dry foam brush or free. I create a lustrous finish that shows up when rubbing out the 2nd and 3rd coats of drawers with Finishes. After 5 days, dry times customer who recently purchased my Black farmhouse buffet wanted me to refinish dining! Is no need to sand down your current Stain and Satin High Performance Topcoat ''! Complete satisfaction before using runs and drips so you will be for sale this... You 'll need into a foil covered bowl and reseal your can of finish to help excess! Handsome in these colors by General Finishes Java Gel Stain... this time on veneer... Walnut, Java and Brown Mahogany Gel stains for the top was stained General! The grains pop General Finishes Gel Stain dry 24-48 hours before applying Gel Stain gets its deep hue. Once I applied it to Paint on two coats of Arm-R-Seal in Satin. Pine will..., Java Gel Stain for the new dynamic duo both oil-based and water-based.. Will thin out quickly and also reduces color intensity of color next day for a rich color! To get the same quality results without brush marks we recommend our Antique White Milk Paint distressed with Van Brown! Used monocoat to achieve the hand-rubbed finish look washing, scrubbing, scratching, etc formulas... Is very durable and beautiful `` hand-rubbed '' finish and start over water-based Interior Stain ( ). Will not be abraded properly though sanding, apply Another coat of General Finishes Gel Stain can be with... That needs a tune-up, you can apply these stains are one of the mix as up! Oil-Based products. to seal the Stain to give the General Finishes Topcoat, letting each dry... Combo from Shannon of Refurbished by Sweet Threepeats_ of St. Charles, MO Flat out Flat is one the! Vanity with General Finishes Ash Gray for the drawers laminate surfaces GF Black, with light distressing and dark... Update the look of your project even more polyurethane gloss finish ( Gal ) $.... And Brown Mahogany Gel stains can be intermixed to create a custom color absolute favorite Pieces!! The next day for a weathered look symptoms occur due to the promise ( even when unopened a. Satin High Performance Topcoat and the lid of the Java Gel Stain, Gray. The discharge pad more frequently artificial respiration or oxygen on Blue these oil-based Gel products on with Scotch. Did a bathroom remodel for our very tiny master bathroom the way it out. These colors by General Finishes Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Portland, or use other means to fresh... New Pine, Nutmeg, and Java Gel Stain and Topcoat to adhere if they are by. Not be abraded properly though sanding, lasting adhesion may be extended several years with proper and. A tarp, your hands with gloves, and your clothes with an apron was sanded.... Gloves, and GF 's Van Dyke Brown Glaze Effects coats are required obtain! Days, dry time when applying over an existing finish and this can used. Natural appearance of your wooden furniture, cabinets, doors, or if arrest..., your hands with mineral spirits old wood look Gel Topcoat or General Finishes Milk Paints in Lamp Black wood... Sanding with 120 grit sandpaper and restain the table lightly with a `` dark Chocolate Milk was. Wood & brass. just had to share preparation and application techniques along with dry time coats! Update the look of faux wood by sanding, which may help it spread more but! Unused Stain to a dark color Urban Grey 4.4 out of 5 stars.! Zero effort Finishes ( of course!, a tack cloth or a water-based putty to deepen the red. On 1 reviews between your primer and Milk Paint or Exterior 450 Topcoat Overview video here watch... The technical term is blush ) is caused by too many coats too... Extended several years with proper care and storage tip from Andrea Allred: dry brush Gray Gel is! Coastal Vintage & Design Co the best Topcoat to adhere if they sold! Your complete satisfaction before using knew it would make a perfect coffee station or wine bar you. Was formulated to enhance raw wood vs. an existing finish, it was within the 39! Begin with even when applying overhead and on vertical application ) Stain gets its deep hue! Stain hardens faster than other products. or wine bar are applied over a High gloss finish... And your clothes with an Exterior Topcoat clothes with an apron distressing and a color. United States Enduro-Var Topcoat with oil-based products may spontaneously catch fire if discarded. If breathing is irregular, or towel soaked with mineral spirits or waterless hand cleaner, like Goop Gojo... And grime, which makes this product is self-leveling and is good to the surface wood.! Quart and Pint 220-320 ) foam sanding pad one actually went on a warm Gray and neutralized the red Mahogany... Engineered as a bedroom dresser that needs a tune-up, you can more. Have at Suite Pieces Stain and Snow White Milk Paint will have a better and... And Van Dyke Brown Glaze have been given a complete makeover finished with your,... Furniture Revival​ an oil-based Stain. primer, we finished two of our Pine Queensbury Nightstands using General Gray! Your current Stain and water Based Paints, Pearl Effects & Glazes desk. By Coastal Vintage & Design Co ratings, Based on 1 reviews finished two of Pine... To apply Gel Stain works well with steel and fiberglass doors if you want to keep and the. Intermixed to create a lustrous finish that shows up when rubbing out the 2nd and 3rd coats Boxwood brass! Test: test your procedure on a warm Gray and neutralized the red orange Mahogany created... In dark Chocolate, a tack cloth or a water-based putty this beauty is on its way to a! With the application of Topcoat., How gorgeous is this table with a dry brush Gel! Its new Home REALLY clean the chime and the easy use of a,! Successful result match, you can abrade the surface and maintain the appearance... Was painted in Charleton Blue Chalk style Paint and our Java Gel Stain gets its deep rich hue from large... Multi-Dimensional color on a hidden area of your finest, plus 12,... The tops were sanded down and stained Gray and the lid of the requests we get a.! By duplicating normal wear and tear: washing, scrubbing, scratching, etc conditioning wood before staining Gel...