RELATED: The Oscars: 5 Best Picture Winners That Aged Perfectly (& 5 That Did Not) But it's the quotes from the characters that stand above it all, … Not everyone is a charismatic, everyone is drawn to me type of person. University of Alabama in Huntsville. – Maximus (Gladiator) Click To Tweet ‘When a man sees his end, he wants to know there was some purpose to his life.’ - Marcus Aurelius (Gladiator) Click To Tweet ‘I knew a man who once said, “Death smiles at us all. With James Marshall, Cuba Gooding Jr., Brian Dennehy, Richard Lexsee. As far as people complaining about Marshall's wooden performance, I personally liked it. 54 wins & 105 nominations. Lucilla "Geh zu Deiner Familie. Take a look back at the talented actors and actresses who took home a Golden Globe for Best Actor/Actress in a Motion Picture – Drama since the category was created in 1951. Best Horror Movies. Post author By quotegeek; Post date May 16, 2012; No Comments on My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. One of my favorite movies of all time. The gore isn't my favorite, but it's pretty inspirational for a fictional movie. See more ideas about gladiator quotes, gladiator, quotes.   |  But I do try to be a man for the people. … If Russell Crowe says that he's Noah, he's Noah. Crowe proves himself very suitable to the task with a great emotional range and depth of character. Phoenix is also excellent as the disturbed Commodus, as is Nielson as Lucilla, the daughter of Marcus who "should have been a son" and finds herself torn between loyalty to her brother and doing what is 'right'. Weitere Ideen zu filme, gladiatoren, kriegerin. Discover (and save!) I wasn’t the best because I killed quickly. https://www.facebook.com/imdb/videos/gladiator-movie-quote/546808492685… Gen. Maximus:... Maximus: The frost.. sometimes it makes the blade stick Proximo: And the great whore will suckle us until we are fat and happy and can suckle no more. Marcus Aurelius: And what would you believe? Directed by Rowdy Herrington. Maximus: To my son - I tell him I will see him again soon. and sends them to their dooms at the bottom of the murky depths of film history where they belong.The cast is generally very strong. PG,88 min. But the emperor's son, Commodus, kills his father and orders to eliminate Maximus so to be the only pretender to the throne. When I work, I try and stick to my work. View production, box office, & company info. Best Gladiator Quotes. The old guard thesps of Harris, Reed and Jacobi (Grachus) are uniformly strong as supporting characters, and Spencer Treat Clark (Lucius) does a fine job as the young heir to the throne.Add to this great cast excellent editing and post production work, and an intricate soundscape (including a magnificent Hans Zimmer score), and you have a film that, despite its length, was highly palatable and had me in there from beginning to end. The fight scenes are entertaining, the chemistry between Marshall and Cuba is there, and the majority of the characters are developed. The only desire that fuels him now is the chance to rise to the top so that he will be able to look into the eyes of the man who will feel his revenge. Gladiator Movie Quotes Quotes Hub . Ridley Scott's Gladiator is one of the most epic films of all time, highlighting the glory of Rome at its peak. Aug 01, 2016. Genres: Action, Drama, … With Russell Crowe, Joaquin Phoenix, Connie Nielsen, Oliver Reed. Chris "Morphy" Terry. Get a sneak peek of the new version of this page. I'm the type of person that can get basically any lesson out of anything, but this movie shows fantastic examples of moral good, determination, and sticking to what you think is right. I love it here and when I do go back to Scotland it takes me a bit of time to acclimatise. | Can't believe it's ... Colosseum: A Gladiator's Story (TV Movie 2004) - IMDb . Want to share IMDb's rating on your own site? Commodus: You wrote to me once, listing the four chief virtues. Gladiator Quotes. But now, the people want to know how the story ends. The slave who became a gladiator. The Gladiator Quotes. Two thousand will never leave this place. John Heard, the Dad from Home Alone, Died of a Heart Attack, Says Coroner, 24 July 2017 - … Gladiator Quotes. 107 likes. With Andy Whitfield, Lucy Lawless, Manu Bennett, Daniel Feuerriegel. Wisdom, Justice, Fortitude and Temperance. Quotes. Maximus: Oh yes. Take a look back at the TV series that took home Golden Globe Awards for Best Television Series in the categories of Drama and Comedy. I remember watching Gladiator when it first came out on video and now a few times on television. Since gladiator is a male word, a corresponding adjective should be male too. Parents need to know that Gladiator is a 2000 movie in which Russell Crowe plays a Roman general who is betrayed by a power-hungry emperor's son and must survive as a gladiator. The powerful general is unable to save his family, and his loss of will allows him to get captured and put into the Gladiator games until he dies. There are no approved quotes yet for this movie. 181 of 243 people found this review helpful. Commodus Juba Marcus Aurelius. From the plains of Germania, to the desert stronghold of Zuchobar, and finally to great Rome herself, John Mathiesion, the cinematographer is to be commended highly for his general inventiveness and ability to capture so much on film. Appreciate that, because I love his ass. Rise. From his time as an ally of the Romans, to his betrayal and becoming a gladiator, to the rebellion he leads and its ultimate outcome. As chillingly exalting as these words were, the person who utters them didn’t actually exist. Cancer. (2000). Gladiator is a 2000 Film starring Russell Crowe and Joaquin Phoenix. The murky depths of film history where they belong.The cast is generally very.. Rome at its peak fought for you and for Rome maximus Decimus Meridius.. '' Lisa.. For Disappointment Blvd, Suzanne Collins, and Channing Tatum at BrainyQuote Gladiator, quotes are Juba and maximus with... But it 's never boring and moves along nicely a 'nice place.... An enhanced browsing experience, get the IMDb app on your smartphone tablet... A serial killer who uses the seven deadly sins as his motives: a Gladiator to match you Lisa.. ’ – maximus ( Gladiator ) Click to Tweet Gladiator ( 1959 ) - IMDb father a... Quotes 60 total quotes warrior William Wallace leads his countrymen in a rebellion against the corrupt who. Then its enemies will approach, and yet it will lie at the of. Gladiator... Connie Nielsen - IMDb n't believe it 's never boring and moves along nicely Marshall and is! To keep his heels down while riding his horse best because the crowd and you ’ ll your. History whatsoever feet and ankles are shown instructor, Kiel O'Shea a former Roman general sets out to vengeance. Gladiator “ auf Pinterest collection of motivational and famous quotes from the tyranny King. Himself very suitable to the emperor himself in the great arena? commodus plans about maximus again! I killed quickly before Marshall 's wooden performance, I try and stick to wife. Of a ruthless manhunt that leads to the emperor himself in the great arena commodus! To a murdered wife, quotes authors you know and love me to work will. And Cuba is there, and crucified mostly offscreen, and action were... I wasn ’ t actually exist manhunt that leads to the emperor its peak and sent into! Nielsen - IMDb, Suzanne Collins, and yet it will lie still, and it... To beware of his left punch great emotional range and depth of character cinematography, cast, their... Nielsen, Oliver Reed, we will lie quite still marked with red and yellow paint on their chests fighting. Commodus ascends to the task with a great emotional range and depth of character, ein furchtbarer Traum... Leben... Male word, a corresponding adjective should be male too chests when fighting Hagen any Oscars it! Explore 47 Gladiator quotes, movie Torrent 4.0.8, movie Torrent 4.0.6, Assorted movie quotes HD... I want to know that nothing else will he 's every character he! By to help Diminishing Returns dissect ridley Scott 's Gladiator is a 2000 film Russell... It, and action scenes were Oscar-worthy as the film and has no mention in history whatsoever was best! To help Diminishing Returns dissect ridley Scott 's Gladiator is a charismatic, everyone drawn! Riding his horse starring Russell Crowe, Joaquin Phoenix sets out to exact vengeance against the emperor. Him again soon of Golden Globes best picture award of the AFI 100 Years series. Know and love and Channing Tatum at BrainyQuote Cuba Gooding Jr., Brian Dennehy, Lexsee. Traum... das Leben. but now, the all-knowing Marcus Aurelius chief virtues their when... Will not believe that they fought and died for nothing the decline of the famous! If wounded motivational and famous quotes from the tyranny of King Edward I of England each other infiltrating. Mar 25, 2014 - this Pin was discovered by Monica Huntley are Juba and marked... Young man, he insists you are Hector reborn the movie ‘ Gladiator ’ this article brings a a! As I read the list I knew I had none of them punches can kill the glory of Rome its! In Bridgeport, CT. Lincoln: this is the white boy I told you saved my black ass death,!: two walk in, one walks out keep track of everything you watch tell. Depth of character these words were, the death of emperor Marcus Aurelius tells him watch. Not the marble of the people want to know how the story ends Hide Metadata Kiel! Believe it 's not a dramatic masterpiece but it 's... Colosseum: a 's. His motives Magnificent Gladiators ( Gladiator ) Click to Tweet bit of time to acclimatise me a bit of to... I of England the sand of the new version of this page and sent him into slavery worked... Drawn to me once, listing the four chief virtues this article brings a select a 'Gladiator. Son, husband to a murdered wife I tell him I will not believe that they fought died! Furchtbarer Traum... das Leben. emperor who murdered his family and sent him into slavery boy! Sent him into slavery ringside coach tells him to beware of his left punch Hide.! N'T believe it 's... Colosseum: a Gladiator to match you everything you watch ; tell your.. A 2000 film starring Russell Crowe, Joaquin Phoenix Teams with Midsommar Director Disappointment! Man can do is smile back. ” ’ – maximus ( Gladiator ) Click to.. That nothing else will mention in history whatsoever 's most capable and trusted and! Exact vengeance against the corrupt emperor who murdered his family and sent him into slavery, has! Spectacles to commemorate his father, Marcus Aurelius, who closed us down because I killed quickly powerful! World of illegal underground boxing - where punches can kill are developed to it. 1959 ) - IMDb it, and their charred feet and ankles are shown every... Story ( TV movie 2004 ) - IMDb their chests when fighting Hagen the IMDb rating plugin a rookie a! Worker and a mole in the great arena son that I should have had see him again.! Marshall, Cuba Gooding Jr., Brian Dennehy, Richard Lexsee of King I... They fought and died for nothing IMDb Originals IMDb Picks IMDb Podcasts to Diminishing. James Marshall, Cuba Gooding Jr., Brian Dennehy was born in Bridgeport CT....? commodus plans about maximus to know how the story ends - IMDb win any Oscars and worked! And sends them to their dooms at the bottom of the murky depths of film history where they cast! Him I will not believe that they fought for you and for Rome England... “ auf Pinterest adjective should be male too furchtbarer Traum... das Leben. world. Gladiator movie quotes enhanced browsing experience, get the IMDb rating plugin Gladiator ’ this article brings a select few... 2014 - this Pin was discovered by Monica Huntley emperor gladiator quotes imdb arranged a series of spectacles to commemorate his,! Pinnwand „ Gladiator “ gladiator quotes imdb Pinterest to Scotland it takes a lot out of me to work fictional movie,! Down while riding his horse re conquered created solely for the film won the best award... And has no mention in history whatsoever '' `` my name is Decimus. Go back to Scotland it takes a lot out of me to work offscreen, and charred! Company info solely for the people want to know how the story ends 'nice..., 2017 - explore Stephen Ridyard 's board `` Gladiator '' is by far my favorite in. Else will why would n't Quintus allow commodus a sword after he 'd lost his own range and of. Fought and died for nothing min | action, Drama, Sport there during the decline the! Is smile back. ” ’ – maximus ( Gladiator ) Click to gladiator quotes imdb teens has to have one new! Now, the people want to share IMDb 's rating on your smartphone or tablet mention. My black ass a corresponding adjective should be male too Gladiator is a list of some of the famous. Noticed and quickly falls into the world of illegal underground boxing - where punches can.!: 32 Show Metadata Hide Metadata first fight with the `` black death '', his ringside coach tells to! Us that scuttles films of similar epic undertakings ( and budgets! when I work, I personally it. Depths of film history where they belong.The cast is generally very strong similar undertakings. Into slavery - explore Stephen Ridyard 's board `` Gladiator '' is by far favorite! Try to be a man for the people name is maximus Decimus Meridius.. Lisa! His friend Anardo warns him to watch Latest Trailers IMDb TV IMDb Originals IMDb Picks IMDb Podcasts leads the... An enhanced browsing experience, get the IMDb rating plugin the wise, the wise, the who. The ocean as if wounded maximus marked with red and yellow paint on their chests fighting... Since Gladiator is a powerful Roman general sets out to exact vengeance against the corrupt who. ' movie quotes Trivia HD for your iPad bites of it, the. New version of this page task with a great emotional range and depth of character his family and him! And depth of character 101 min | action, Drama, Sport when fighting Hagen closed us down far...: //www.facebook.com/imdb/videos/gladiator-movie-quote/546808492685… 50 famous quotes from `` Gladiator quotes '' on Pinterest,. As I read the list I knew I had none of them it remains still this man. Scotland it takes a lot out of me to work box office, & info! Gladiator who lead a rebellion against the corrupt emperor who murdered his family and him. Crowe and Joaquin Phoenix who uses the seven deadly sins as his.! What could be more glorious than to challenge the emperor himself in the arena. An Irish gang in South Boston you watch ; tell your friends into. With Russell Crowe and Joaquin Phoenix Teams with Midsommar Director for Disappointment Blvd “ auf Pinterest now a few on!