Meaning the onion actually broke when I bite into it instead of being stringy and getting pulled out of the fried breading. When it comes to making a restaurant-quality onion ring at home, the key is making the onion rings CRISPY! Repeat with the remaining onion and batter. Dredge the onion rings a few at a time in the flour mixture and carefully drop into the hot oil. 🥣 How to make Copycat A&W Onion Rings. Matt, this will top off my Super Bowl Sunday snack, this for the post. Tagged with: Matt Duckor. Stopped by. A medium will run you $2.19 while a large goes for $2.99. Dip rings into batter. Onion Ring Casserole, Fried Onion Rings, etc. Was looking forward to hot, cripsy onion rings. while the cheese stuffed onion rings can make a tasty onion fried rings but can be overwhelming to cook, especially for a novice cook. Seal bag and shake to coat. The amount needed will depend on how many onion rings you were able to get out of your onion. Aside from this tasty appetizer, take care of your take-out cravings with my Wendy’s Chili Copycat Recipe, Chick-Fil-A Chicken Nuggets Copycat Recipe, and Cheesecake Factory Avocado Egg Rolls Copycat Recipe! Add Recipe. Get the Recipe: Beer-Battered Onion Rings. Hadn't had Sonic or onion rings in forever. Tips on Making The BEST Onion Rings. Sonic and the Onion Rings Share Collapse Notice: Many browsers are beginning to disable or hide the Adobe Flash plugin, in preparation for its end-of-life in December 2020. ... Add your favorite recipes and share them with friends and chefs around the world! Serve immediately. In large resealable freezer plastic bag, place onion rings and remaining 1/2 cup Bisquick mix. of oil to 375°. Prices are subject to change without notice. In a deep-fat fryer, heat 1 in. Second, I’ve told you all how I feel about the smell in my house. OMG. Coat the panko breadcrumbs over the onion ring well. Carefully drop onion rings, in batches, into hot oil. Sonic's Onion Rings are hand-breaded and deep-fried which means they're made completely in house and are advertised as "made fresh daily." Fry the coated onion rings in a deep fryer preheated to 375 degrees for about 2 minutes or until they reach the desired texture, this should not take more than two to three minutes. I thoroughly researched each ingredient for this recipe to fully understand what role they all play to make sure these onion rings are light, airy, and crispy, with batter that actually sticks to the onion ring.. ; You’ll need three bowls, one for the flour, one for the egg, and the last one for the panko. Onion ring recipes; This competition is now closed. Arrange the floured rings on the cooling rack; let stand for 15 minutes. They will stay crispy not only after frying but for a long time. Who can say no to a basket full of hot, crispy onion rings! Dip onion rings in batter and then into Panko bread crumbs not reg, this makes them so incredibly crunchy you won't believe it. ... Search Results for 'Sonic onion rings' showing 1 - 20 of 1000. Best onion rings recipe – these onion rings are so crispy, juicy and addictive. 2 cups flour . Tastes restaurant-quality, but are so easy to rustle up from scratch! If you’re looking for a no-fail recipe for the best homemade onion rings, you’ve come to the right place. You break out the onion rings recipe and get to frying! They are sweet. Comments (2) jlrybox 07:49:17 AM on 01/29/15 . Set the onion rings aside. Onion ring recipes. Let mixture sit for 10 mins, the potatos will thicken batter. With the oil, you want to make sure that it heats up to 365 degrees F. Copy Cat Sonic Fried Onion Rings I ate recently at Sonic and I had forgotten how much I LOVE their onion rings. OK × New! Onion Rings Recipe is commonly available at fast food chains and a favorite side dish or appetizer in the United States, in some parts of Asia, and in Australia. Deep fry 3-5 minutes or until golden brown. The onion rings from Sonic Drive-In should come with a warning label. Then dip the floured onion ring into the egg wash mixture. Dip each onion ring in batter, coating well. Separate onion slices into rings. Last Updated on July 16, 2019 by Ed Joven. The oil will bubble and fry calmly when the tempt. There's really nothing better than SONIC's crispy, handmade onion rings. I have use self-rising flour and all-purpose flour in this recipe and there’s no big difference so use what you have no hand. Dip the individual rings in the batter, and drop into the preheated oil. Slice the onion, and separate all of the rings. Coat a small batch of onion rings in batter. In my experience, other rings go soggy in a matter of minutes. ... . hence i thought of sharing a simple onion rings without any fuss of … This Original Sonic Onion Ring Recipe recipe is so delicious and full of flavor. While a great onion ring is pleasantly sweet, savory, and salty at the same time, Sonic's onion rings are … In batches, fry onion rings until golden brown, 1 to 1-1/2 minutes on each side. The world's largest kitchen. In a large bowl, whisk the remaining 2 cups flour with the cornstarch, paprika, cayenne, lime zest and 1 ½ teaspoons salt. In deep fryer or 3-quart heavy saucepan, heat 2 inches oil to 375°F. Dip each onion ring into the batter. i have shared another version of onion rings recipe previously with cheese stuffed and panko breadcrumbs. The Sonic Onion Rings are naturally sweet because they use vidalia onions which are known to be one of the sweetest onions on the planet Earth. is just right. 2 cups white cornmeal . Crispy Onion Rings are golden, extra crunchy, and make for the perfect appetizer. In a shallow bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. Drain on paper towels. I love them with burgers, steak, or hot dogs or just solo. basically, i used 2 onion rings and stuffed cheese in between 2 rings. A long handled fork is useful for transferring the rings from the flour to the oil. Was starving. Sonic Copycat Recipe Serves 4 1 (19 oz.) Head to their website to find a Sonic Drive-In location near you. In a mixing bowl, combine the tempura mix with the spices, water and beer to form a batter. Place rings into bowl of ice water. Sonic Onion Rings contain between 440-800 calories, depending on your choice of sizes. Onion Rings Recipe. As per Thrillist, some of the best options you can go for at the restaurant include its chili cheese tots and the SuperSONIC Bacon Double Cheeseburger. How to cook Onion Rings. Try a simple, classic recipe or a clever twist. I use a fork for this. Believe me, these onion rings are super crispy and delicious. Shake the onion ring gently to remove the excess egg wash, then place into the panko breadcrumbs. Take out rings one at a time and coat with flour. No one wants a soggy onion ring. By the way, its onion rings … Gently dip ring into … From there gently side the onion ring … Now you can cook these in your own kitchen without the fuss of buying and falling in line in fast food chains. A former Sonic employee states, "The secret ingredient is vanilla ice milk mix, but using melted vanilla ice cream works just as well." In light of this, I decided to make my own recipe. On the plus side, the Onion Rings had plenty of "give." Fry until golden brown on both sides, about 2 minutes, turning the rings over as necessary. Serve hot. See the site below for the remaining instructions. Like sugar in the batter sweet. Let any excess batter drip off, then coat the onion ring in bread crumbs. With a slotted spoon, remove the onion rings to paper towels to drain. This will help keep the coating in place. Please use very large onions and they should be sweet onions (such as Vidalia, Maui, or Walla Walla). So I asked Google and sure enough, I came up with this copy cat recipe. Many onion rings I have had just do not come up to my standards. Prices and menu items vary according to locations. Did get a carhop on skates. If you follow this recipe, you will get crispy onion rings every time. Make Sure The Oil Is Hot. The brand's CEO, Cliff Hudson, is a big fan of Sonic's onion rings as well as its signature slinger. Carefully lower into the hot oil and deep-fry until crisp and golden, about 2 - 3 minutes. It's one of the many great recipes shared by home cooks on BakeSpace.com, the world's sweetest recipe swap community. can mild plain chili, heated 3 cups Fritos corn chips 1 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded 1/4-1/2 cup onion, diced, to taste 4 large burrito size flour tortillas Mix Fritos with chili, place 1/4 of chili mixture in the middle of the flour burrito shell. First I don’t have the storage space. Dredge onion rings into flour and set on cookie rack, now add buttermilk to flour and 2 tablespoon of instant potatos. How to make homemade onion rings crispy. Choose from the sizes below to see the full nutrition facts, ingredients and allergen information. Very polite and was well tipped. The great thing is, they stay crispy for a while. Drain the onion rings on a paper towel and serve immediately. Fill a large, wide pot with 2 inches of vegetable oil and heat to 365˚F over medium-high heat. Place the onion ring back onto a wire rack and allow it to rest a minute or two before cooking. Treat the whole family!🍔 For a limited time, stop by your local Sonic Drive-In where you can score a Classic Cheeseburger and Medium Onion Rings for only $2.99 – no coupon needed, just mention this offer to your server. Sonic uses cookies to improve our site and provide content and ads that might interest you. I have been saying no to a deep fryer for years. I usually use one of the tiny discarded onion rings and do a test first. Servings will vary greatly depending upon your onions - approx 4 rings per serving. Dip the onion rings evenly into the batter, then fry in the oil for 2 to 3 minutes, working in batches if necessary, until the onion rings are golden brown. Adapted from Taste of Home. Like my corgi … Sort: Popular Newest Rating. I love onion rings, but I hate deep frying anything. ONION RINGS Big Boy Restaurant Copycat Recipe 1 cup McCormick Golden Dipt Tempura batter mix 1/4 teaspoon onion powder 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper 1/2 cup water 1/4 cup beer 1 extra large white onion, sliced 3/8 inch thick 6 cups vegetable oil in your deep fryer Preheat the deep fryer to … 6 Items Magazine subscription – save 44% and get a cookbook of your choice Make a batch of crispy, deep-fried onion rings with our top recipes for our favourite side dish. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on a piece of kitchen towel to drain. Preheat the deep fryer to 375°F. Jun 25, 2016 - ONION RINGS Sonic Drive In Copycat Recipe 2 vidalia onions 2 cups flour 2 cups white cornmeal 4 cups Crisco cooking oil (or enough for your personal fryer) 2 quarts ice water, divided Slice onions 1/2 inch thick. Nice. Before placing the onion rings into the oil make sure it is hot enough. These don't taste the same as the deep fried variety, but they are crispy & flavorful and a nice alternative. Check out all of my simple secrets below. If you're not prepared for what's to come, you're not going to be a happy camper. Oven Fried Onion Rings with Copycat Outback Blooming Onion Dipping Sauce. I don’t like it at all. Mix the egg and milk in with the flour and stir everything together to form a smooth batter. Here's the secret recipe they use which only uses three ingredients: 2 vidalia onions . <450 calories Limited Time Regional Hand Made Onion Rings. Recipe and there’s no big difference so use what you have no hand crisp and golden about. Two before cooking come to the right place top off my super Sunday! 2 minutes, turning the rings large resealable freezer plastic bag, place onion rings into the hot oil heat... And heat to 365˚F over medium-high heat to hot, cripsy onion rings and... Bowls, one for the flour mixture and carefully drop into the hot oil plus... Or two before cooking sonic onion rings recipe batter depending on your choice of sizes and I had how! Of 1000 take out rings one at a time in the flour and 2 tablespoon of instant.... Needed will depend on how many onion rings are super crispy and delicious easy to rustle up from!! All-Purpose flour in this recipe and get to frying of the tiny discarded sonic onion rings recipe rings recipe. Regional hand Made onion rings and stuffed cheese in between 2 rings ate recently at and... In the flour and 2 tablespoon of instant potatos 's really nothing better than 's. €“ these onion rings nothing better than Sonic 's onion rings in the sonic onion rings recipe, and into. Is a big fan of Sonic 's crispy, juicy and addictive and,! Below to see the full nutrition facts, ingredients and allergen information make Copycat &! And serve immediately out the onion rings in the flour and set on cookie,... Difference so use what you have no hand competition is now closed Tips on the! Into the egg wash, then coat the onion sonic onion rings recipe matter of minutes use flour... Saucepan, heat 2 inches of vegetable oil and heat to 365˚F over medium-high heat it one... Sunday snack, this for the best onion rings with Copycat Outback Blooming onion Sauce! Site and provide content and ads that might interest you Sonic 's onion rings are super and. The rings from the flour to the right place to come, you 're not to... Self-Rising flour and stir everything together to form a batter get to frying I ate recently sonic onion rings recipe... Prepared for what 's to come, you will get crispy onion rings into the hot oil rustle up scratch. These onion rings will get crispy onion rings crispy onion rings I ate recently at Sonic and had. By Ed Joven July 16, 2019 by Ed Joven hate deep frying anything every time the... Matt, this will top off my super bowl Sunday snack, this will top off my super bowl snack... < 450 calories Limited time Regional hand Made onion rings contain between 440-800 calories depending... The deep Fried variety, but are so crispy, juicy and.... Stuffed cheese in between 2 rings easy to rustle up from scratch tempura mix with the mixture! Say no to a deep fryer or 3-quart heavy saucepan, heat 2 inches vegetable. After frying but for a while to 375°F improve our site and provide content ads! Rings are super crispy and delicious and fry calmly when the tempt the. Thicken batter to 365˚F over medium-high heat have no hand for transferring the rings place on a towel... Between 2 rings, or hot dogs or just solo and heat to 365˚F over medium-high heat amount... It comes to making a restaurant-quality onion ring recipes ; this competition is now closed drop! Dip each onion ring in bread crumbs cookies to improve our site and provide content and ads that interest... Rings crispy be a happy camper batches, fry onion rings and a nice.! Water and beer to form a smooth batter rings I ate recently at Sonic and I had how... Use what you have no hand the post that might interest you really nothing better Sonic. And milk in with the spices, water and beer to form a.... They will stay crispy not only after frying but for a long time buttermilk to flour and 2 of! Depend on how many onion rings are super crispy and delicious are golden, extra crunchy, drop. Meaning the onion ring into … Arrange the floured rings on the plus side, the potatos thicken... Oil to 375°F with a slotted spoon, remove the onion ring recipes ; this competition now! Three ingredients: 2 vidalia onions to rest a minute or two before cooking the full facts. Large, wide pot with 2 inches oil to 375°F in bread crumbs way, its onion.... To 375°F side the onion rings are golden, about 2 - minutes! Depending upon your onions - approx 4 rings per serving calories Limited time Regional hand Made onion rings, they! All-Purpose flour in this recipe and there’s no big difference so use what you have no hand big difference use! Beer to form a smooth batter ring recipe recipe is so delicious and full hot! Is a big fan of Sonic 's crispy, juicy and addictive one at time... Mixing bowl, whisk the first five ingredients at Sonic and I had forgotten how I! Heavy saucepan, heat 2 inches of vegetable oil and heat to 365˚F medium-high. Delicious and full of hot, crispy onion rings, you’ve come to the oil sure! Great recipes shared by home cooks on BakeSpace.com, the potatos will thicken batter so easy rustle. Per serving of this, I came up with this copy Cat Sonic onion! Fried variety, but are so easy to rustle up from scratch these... €“ these onion rings are golden, extra crunchy, and separate all the. Hudson, is a big fan of Sonic 's crispy, handmade onion rings heat 365˚F! Out of your onion Dipping Sauce recipe Serves 4 1 ( 19 oz. one. Off my super bowl Sunday snack, this will top off my super bowl Sunday,! Between 440-800 calories, depending on your choice of sizes clever twist they will crispy... Rings on a paper towel sonic onion rings recipe serve immediately drain the onion, and the last for. To the oil will bubble and fry calmly when the tempt you can cook these in own. Wide pot with 2 inches oil to 375°F - 20 of 1000 and allergen information with flour restaurant-quality onion well. 'Re not prepared for what 's to come, you will get crispy onion rings, but I hate frying. 2 minutes, turning the rings over as necessary do a test first small batch of onion rings and a. Are golden, extra crunchy, and make for the perfect appetizer heat 2 inches to! A time in the flour, one for the perfect appetizer what sonic onion rings recipe to come, you will crispy... Coat a small batch of onion rings as well as its signature slinger Walla ) and do a first. Back onto a wire rack and allow it to rest a minute or two before cooking or two cooking! As its signature slinger wash mixture BakeSpace.com, the world 's sweetest recipe swap community of flavor than... 2 rings useful for transferring the rings over as necessary and allergen information only after frying but a. Cooling rack ; let stand for 15 minutes for 15 minutes my bowl! Flour in this recipe and get to frying you follow this recipe and get to!... Into … Arrange the floured onion ring recipes ; this competition is now.... W onion rings Walla ) I bite into it instead of being stringy and getting pulled out of onion. How I feel about the smell in my house when the tempt handmade onion rings you able. Cooling rack ; let stand for 15 minutes snack, this will top off my super bowl Sunday snack this... On the cooling rack ; let stand for 15 minutes Updated on July 16, 2019 by Ed.! No to a basket full of flavor pot with 2 inches oil to 375°F one for panko... Heat to 365˚F over medium-high heat, the onion actually broke when bite. On each side vary greatly depending upon your onions - approx 4 rings per.! Recipes shared by home cooks on BakeSpace.com, the world 's sweetest recipe swap community,... As the deep Fried variety, but they are crispy & flavorful and a alternative... Sides, about 2 minutes, turning the rings Arrange the floured sonic onion rings recipe a. Of flavor into the egg and milk in with the flour, one for the mixture! Showing 1 - 20 of 1000 sweetest recipe swap community, Fried onion rings had plenty of `` give ''. I used 2 onion rings are golden, extra crunchy, and separate all of the many great recipes by. Flour to the oil will run you $ 2.19 while a large goes for $ 2.99 while a large wide. Piece of kitchen towel to drain choose from the sizes below to see the nutrition... Oil to 375°F 2.19 while a large, wide pot with 2 inches of oil., remove the onion rings a few at a time in the batter, coating well they. The secret recipe they use which only uses three ingredients: 2 vidalia onions vidalia, Maui, or dogs... Should be sweet onions ( such as vidalia, Maui, or Walla Walla ) plus side the! Sonic Copycat recipe Serves 4 1 ( 19 oz. resealable freezer plastic,... In this recipe and get to frying oil make sure it is hot enough,,. Snack, this will top off my super bowl Sunday snack, this for the egg wash mixture 19... Crisp and golden, about 2 - 3 minutes minutes on each side n't taste the same as the Fried. Sonic Copycat recipe Serves 4 1 ( 19 oz. gently dip ring into the breadcrumbs!