Squid Fishing in Cape Cod, May 2015! As of Thursday, I’d only heard rumors about the Nantucket Sound squid bite. In the Canal, green-mack-colored paddletails have been the top bait for the schoolies, slots, and occasional over-slot stripers, Nathan said. Cotuit, MA, USA. By UncleJohn Started October 1. Tog fishing is still very good, but you’ll need to weed though a good number of throwbacks reported Evan at Eastman’s. Daily Schedule Updates; Directions; Rates; Reports; What to Bring; Specialty Trips. Cape Cod – Hyannis, MA – Directions. Anthony has also been catching on the freshwater side, heading out after dark and fishing wakebaits for big largemouth bass. Your email address will not be published. By LuPork Started 5 hours ago. Above: (Left to Right) Anthony DeiCicchi, Jimmy Fee, and Chris Megan with a bluefin tuna taken on spinning tackle off the Outer Cape last Thursday. You New Englanders, Bread In A Can? Our primary method for fishing Striped Bass, Bluefish, Fluke and Black Sea Bass is with light tackle spinning gear and artificial lures. United States ; Massachusetts (MA) Cape Cod ; Provincetown ; Provincetown - Things to Do ; MacMillan Wharf; Search. I think it all comes down to fish what you enjoy, and what you have confidence in. Sign up for our FREE Fishing Reports Today! Both of those days, which flirted with 60 degrees, started out so cold I had to chip the ice out of my kayak for the morning’s fishing. Page 1 of 12 - 2020 MA/RI Squid Thread - posted in East Coast: Whos ready? Early last august, when I took the picture of the squid & lure, there were a bunch of squid in the area of the canal I was fishing. Black Hole USA Cape Cod TAI Special Rod (Blank Weight: 1.4oz) & Jigging Master Arrester Reel! Ever been squid fishing? 19. Fish from the fall stocking are providing fast action alongside the fish that heldover from the spring stockings. Above: One of the big bass taken with Captain Mel True of Fishnet Charters in Cape Cod Bay last weekend. But many of these late albies have been picky reported Evan at Eastman’s Sport and Tackle. Surfland, plum island. I also picked up a Squid Zee from 247 lures. Required fields are marked *, Copyright © 2020 On The Water, LLC. Both Kevin and Brian noted that the bass have been small, 12- to 15-inchers, but that there are some 20-inch and better fish around. 59. It will be gets before we know it. Features Animals. OTW’s Anthony DeiCicchi connected with a fish in the mid-60-inch range last week while filming an episode of OTW TV to air this winter. Cape Cod has many different fishing locations to choose from and many different species to target. 6. Julian from Larry’s Tackle said the bass fishing has been good, with a considerable number of “over-slot” stripers being caught around the island, and schoolies abound. As the water warms, the bass will spread out, and more and larger fish will be arriving from the south. Get out there while the bite is hot. The plastic tail on the Squid Zee won't last long, especially if blues are around. Content included squid fishing, tautog fishing, striper fishing and more. Fishing fresh squid on the south side of the island has been a productive tactic lately, and based on the squid fishing reports from Edgartown Harbor, getting fresh bait hasn’t been a problem. Nathan had even heard of a jumbo blue taken deep in a Cape Cod estuary. Provincetown Scavenger Hunt: The … Perhaps it’s the lingering albie schools in Falmouth, but it doesn’t feel like the end of October. Spring Porgies and Black Sea Bass; Fluke ; Blog; Contact Us; Check Out Our Entire Fishing Fleet. They were full of seed and eggs. But if you’ve never found yourself in the midst of a full-on squid massacre, you haven’t lived. Cape Cod ; Cotuit ; Things to Do in Cotuit ; Dancing Squid Sport Fishing; Search. For striper fishing this weekend, focus on finding warm water and you’ll find hungry schoolies. John caught his biggest tuna of the season this week, a 120-incher estimated at more than 1,000 pounds. The tog fishing improved this week. See maps in 322 CMR 8.07 for more details. Striper fishing is steady, but Coombs said all of the action he found is inside the estuaries, not in open water. 1 There are a a lot of catchable fish swimming around Cape Cod right now. One of several fresh schoolies caught on Martha’s Vineyard on Wednesday. During this event I shared a video presentation which featured some of my favorite video clips from the 2020 Cape Cod spring fishing season. What you said about the mimicking the movements and stop and go pattern of a squid makes a lot of sense to me. Save. Or at Mishaum Point? Plenty of fishermen around the Cape are catching stripers, with the South Side and Buzzards Bay having the most fish at the moment, but with fish beginning to stir along the Cape Cod Bay side as well. Boats. Albies are still roaming around the Vineyard, and shore fishermen are catching, along with the boaters. Provincetown, MA 02657. Helen H; Angler; Monomoy; Isabella H; Sea Hawk; BOOK NOW! Still, there are plenty of days when you don’t get enough casts to breaking fish to even try three different lures. More. The fresh stripers arrived after the strong south winds early in the week. Cape Cod Fishing Report – October 29, 2020 by Jimmy Fee October 29, 2020 Above: (Left to Right) Anthony DeiCicchi, Jimmy Fee, and Chris Megan with a bluefin tuna taken on spinning tackle off the Outer Cape last Thursday. Bigger news on the Vineyard was that of the striper fishing. For the upcoming season, I'll tie some amber siwashes for both lures. If you are interested in re-living some of the fishing from this past spring, then this video presentation will be a worthwhile watch. Haddock fishing is going well, but it’s a long ride from the Cape to the best bite, which is concentrated toward the north end of Stellwagen Bank. It can present a challenge, though, as squid like to hide out in grassy areas and also squirt ink when they feel threatened. At least it didn’t until Thursday, when the Cape was drenched with what, on Sunday, will qualify as cold November rain. They are required to board vessel YANKEE ll DEEP SEA FISHING SAQUATUCKET HARBOR 731 Route 28, HARWICH PORT, MA. Trout fishing is very good as well. The squid we caught were all shortfin, an abnormality. Started by lasker31 , 23 Aug 2020 : 5 replies 439 views; Squidder Al 09 Sep 2020 Edgartown Started by IAMFISH , 22 May 2018 : Hot 17 replies 2,411 views; Gilligan 26 May 2020 2019 Massachusetts Squid Report Started by Reel Good Charters , 16 Apr 2019. Nice 23″ caught 4 0′ off the beach at Vet’s in Hyannis !!! Wind and rain will wrap up our October, so it’s looking like a surfcasting or freshwater weekend. The weather will be warming up over the next week, and with it, the water and the fishing, on all fronts. Red top no longer does it. related issues that are affecting the fishing community. We have been marking dense schools of them throughout the year on the fish-finder and noticing lots of them inside the bellies of the stripers we are catching on our half day fishing charters. Typically, early spring before the first Striped Bass arrive on Cape Cod is squid time. Hiding from the wind in a backwater and tossing small topwaters or soft plastics should be a sure bet for schoolie bass and maybe something bigger. 4) It is unlawful to fish with hook and line gear in the Winter Cod Conservation Closure from November 15 through January 31. As of Thursday morning, the albies were still being spotted in Vineyard Sound. The Fish Lab Soft Mack has been especially productive, Nathan said. He recorded water temperatures of 46 degrees, which could explain why the scup are dragging their tails. Book In Advance. Cod (North of Cape Cod) ... Regulatory changes pending for Fishing Year 2020 (May 1 2020 - April 30, 2021). He’d heard a report of one fishermen who tried 10 different lure and color combinations to no avail this week. Any word of stripers at sow & pigs? Mid April to Mid May is go time as quid come into shallow inshore waters to breed. 2 of us filled 2 80 quart coolers. Which means they each are weighing … Max Drag vs. Line test weight. October 30, 2020; Exciting New Underwater Video Clip of Bluefish Chasing Live Bait October 28, 2020; Our 10 Longest Standing My Fishing Cape Cod Members October 26, 2020 Spoons and stickballs are still working, but tossing some small panfish jigs or Maribou jigs may give you an edge as the surviving trout wise up. Southcoastphil 5,000 Post Club! All first hand reports suggested that they had yet to arrived. Joe at fishermans outfitter gloucester. By bob_G Started June 23. Dave at beavertail reel RI. Watch this video to see the steps of catching, cleaning, and cooking fresh squid caught in Cape Cod. Monomoy Rips are still holding slot-limit stripers and schoolies, reported Captain John Clothier of Fish Chatham Charters. Natural camouflage at its finest. Cape Cod Fishing Report – May 7, 2020. by Jimmy Fee May 7, 2020. Green crabs are working, but with the water cold, some softer baits, like clams or seaworms might give you an edge, per the advice of Captain Jeff Viamari of Bad Influence. We turn the calendar page this weekend, and can at least be certain that the weather and the fishing will improve, and can be hopeful that the other aspects of our lives will soon improve as well. 1; 2; 3; 6 → Hot 109 replies 17,538 views; Gilligan 25 May 2020 Any … Aerial assault. I didn’t do much with largemouth bass this week, and I blame the weather for that. 27. Fishermen are even jigging some squid during the day, Julian reported. Kevin Blinkoff, editor in chief at OTW, broke out the fly rod to catch his first few stripers of the season. April was unkind for many reasons. The largemouth bass fishing is very good right now, as the fish are taking a variety of lures in the optimal water temperatures. Link to post Share on other sites. ... this is the only place with squid so all the boats are fishing here. Live bait seemed to be the best bet this week, but late last week, fishermen were connecting on spinning tackle, chasing around schools of surface-smashing bluefin. John’s made a couple striper pit stops on his way to and from the tuna grounds. The 2020 season is finished see you in the spring of 2021. Squid Fishing Gloucester Harbor The squid are back again this year in Gloucester harbor. In this video we show you our squid fishing … Best of 2020 ; Road Trips ; Help Center ; Squid Fishing - MacMillan Wharf . Capt Jeff will work his butt off to make sure you have a great time. Am I safe from breakoffs? #onthewatermagazine #swimbaits #swimbaitfishing #bassfishing #osprey, A post shared by On The Water Magazine and TV (@onthewatermagazine) on Apr 25, 2020 at 3:04pm PDT. State just banded for pay boats because of Corona virus. The first reports came from the Vineyard, where Stavros Viglas and Joe Uva enjoyed welcoming the stripers back. The initial alarm response was again extreme, but again quickly decreased as the squid … Trout fishing is steady, but you’ll need to cover ground to find them. October 2020 Fishing Reports. Clearly, these squid were saving their energy for something more urgent. Is this your business? On Tuesday, I spent my lunch break watching several schools of albies tear up the water off Falmouth’s South Side, while a handful of boats chased them around. Please bring your own mask or facial covering. Fishing is a fun way to get outside and interact with nature, and squid fishing can be a real joy for novice and experienced fishermen alike. It is unlawful to take cod from the Summer Cod Conservation Closure from April 16 through July 21. His passion to find fish and the safety of his customers is always at the top of his priority list. About Dancing Squid Sport Fishing. He caught a couple big ones on a pencil, and lost what he suspects was blue that weighed in the mid- to high-teens. OTW’s Andrew Burke encountered a school of hungry blues on a bayside beach down Cape last weekend. Most intriguing to me, we caught almost a bucket — as many as 100 squid — and there was not one incident of inking, an otherwise common event. Don't get me wrong I fish them too. 302 Reviews #9 of 50 things to do in Provincetown. Maco’s Bait and Tackle reported more keeper-sized tog being taken Buzzards Bay as well. The weather will be warming up over the next week, and with it, the water and the fishing, on all fronts. The bite usually starts dying down as water temperatures rise bringing in Scup and Bluefish begin to invade. The My Fishing Cape Cod Bluefish Cook Book November 9, 2020; Surfcasters’ Meetup | Friday November 13th November 7, 2020; The MFCC Apparel Pre-Sale is Back! Small soft-plastic paddle tails are tough to beat, but a few fishermen have been having luck with topwater plugs as well. Dancing Squid Sport Fishing #8 of 8 things to do in Cotuit. Cape Cod Fishing Report – April 16, 2020. by Jimmy Fee April 16, 2020. Squid are absolutely incredible with their color changing abilities. Keep reading for step by step instructions to tying this killer topwater fly. We can probably bid farewell to the false albacore right now, but when the wind lays down next week, there will still be stripers, tuna, and tog to catch in the saltwater if you’re not quite ready to switch to the sweetwater just yet. Jerkbaits and tubes will cover all your bases. 2.5 more months, countdown begins. Bail arm won’t stay tight. Photo: Stavros Viglas. We had two glorious days this week, surrounded by several windy, cold, and rainy ones. Jonah Olsen was one of them, and he later texted that he landed three and lost two more. Some of the bigger fish being reported have been coming from backwaters, where, according to Nathan at Red Top, fishermen have found bass in excess of 40 inches in just a couple feet of water. Cape Cod Fishing Report – July 9, 2020. by Jimmy Fee July 9, 2020. Required fields are marked *, Copyright © 2020 On The Water, LLC. Fishing Charters & Tours, Boat Tours. Do hummingbirds nest here? Around 4pm high tide . Perhaps it’s the lingering albie schools in Falmouth, but it doesn’t feel like the end of October. By Sevendust111 Started 7 hours ago. Tuna fishing is still good, with a mix of giant and recreational size fish being caught. Have plenty of bait and table fare and plenty to give to family and friends. Can anyone recommend a good tackle shop that does reel repairs. It’s prime time to catch a big brown trout, as they will be moving shallow to feed and attempt to spawn over the next couple weeks. The squid were exposed again to the pile-driving sound after a break of about 24 hours. The fishing broke open over the past few days, with more stripers arriving, the squid showing up, and blackfish and scup biting better. I notched my first keeper of the season, and found them biting a little better on Thursday morning, but still not as hot and heavy as I would expect for this time of year. Your email address will not be published. By Midnightpass Started Yesterday at 04:01 PM. Squid Fishing Forum ... 31 Oct 2020 Midsummer Squid Fishing? OTW’s @jamestfee thought the warm, sunny weather today would increase his odds of getting hit on a big swimbait. In a normal year, we’d be lamenting the lack of warm, windless days, but considering the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, and related issues that are affecting the fishing community, the weather was the least of our concerns this past month. It’s been mostly schoolies on the Cape, but there seem to be plenty of them, from the Canal to the South Side, and out to the Cape Cod Bay and backside beaches. PUBLISHED: June 18, 2020 at 2:00 p.m . All Rights Reserved, Cape Cod Fishing Report – October 29, 2020. At the end of October, to be casting at breaking albies is a victory unto itself. 100′ Helen H. Fastest and newest party boat in New England! 7. Bottom fishing for tog and scup will be improving, squid will be moving in, and, though out of season for a few more weeks, sea bass should begin to make an appearance. I'm more of a fan of shape and action when I'm fishing at night, not a big color guy. The sea bass have moved off the nearshore wrecks, as they migrate to the offshore structures where they spend the winter, which means fewer bait-stealers to whittle away at your green crab supplies. Sorry …forgot when caught. Mike Walsh with one of the healthy schoolies that invaded the Cape this week. Make sure to check out Anthony’s other work on Instagram. Lice outbreak. If 2020 is to be anything like 2019, you’re going to want a few of Anthony’s Splayed Squid Gurglers in your Bugger Box. Fishing Forecast for Cape Cod. I think I have 15+ at last count but I really don't enjoy fishing them like I enjoy throwing wood or eels or even anouther plastic like a red fin. 2020 Schedule; Resources. Bluefish eat them, Scup harass them and eat their eggs. All Rights Reserved. I've been fishing all around the world for over two decades and fishing in cape cod still holds one of the best fishing spots in the world. In freshwater, bad weather always puts the bass and trout in a feeding mood. Go to top ; Share this post. Bottom fishing for tog and scup will be improving, squid will be moving in, and, though out of season for a few more … That was Sunday Nov 1 2020, Your email address will not be published. Sign up for our FREE Fishing Reports Today! With the boat being on a trailer and outfitted with many different types of tackle, we are able to capitalize on all that Cape Cod has to offer. Piers & Boardwalks. MacMillan Wharf. Of course, he expected that attack to come from below. That is where he’s finding the warmest temperatures. Page 7 of 11 - 2020 MA/RI Squid Thread - posted in East Coast: Colliers was on fire last night. Fished 20-25. 2018 short fin squid moved in in big numbers, 2019 at times you could fill a 5 gallon bucket of them from shore, with warmer temps scientist are saying 2020 could cause an infestation of them around Cape Cod water, that said what will you use to imitate squid?? Lingering albie schools in Falmouth, but Coombs said all of the season fishing wakebaits for big largemouth bass week. Hungry blues on a bayside beach down Cape last weekend that does repairs. Starts dying down as water temperatures rise bringing in Scup and Bluefish begin to.. Stops on his way to and from the 2020 Cape Cod TAI Special (... Couple striper pit stops on his way to and from the Vineyard was that of the healthy that. Presentation which featured some of my favorite video clips from the 2020 season is finished you. 18, 2020 at 2:00 p.m 120-incher estimated at more than 1,000 pounds his priority.... Of Corona virus the action he found is inside the estuaries, a! But many of these late albies have been picky reported Evan at Eastman ’ s Vineyard on Wednesday off beach... And what you have confidence in ll find hungry schoolies 2020 Midsummer squid fishing … squid fishing - MacMillan ;. ’ t do much with largemouth bass this week spring Porgies and Black Sea bass with. Video to see the steps of catching, cleaning, and cooking fresh squid caught Cape... Movements and stop and go pattern of a jumbo blue taken DEEP in Cape! Landed three and lost two more along with the boaters had even heard of a jumbo blue taken in! State just banded for pay boats because of Corona virus does Reel repairs with the.... Bay and the most excitement I had was when an osprey took a swing at the lure bass with! Top bait for the schoolies, slots, and what you said about the mimicking the movements and stop go... Over-Slot stripers, Nathan said 1 of 12 - 2020 MA/RI squid Thread - in!, reported Captain john Clothier of fish Chatham Charters, Scup harass them eat! The spring stockings squid so all the boats are fishing here not be published to. And Joe Uva enjoyed welcoming the stripers back albies is a victory unto itself bait and tackle more... ; Provincetown - things to do in Provincetown around Cape Cod right now as! Reported Captain john Clothier of fish Chatham Charters Nantucket Sound squid bite john caught his biggest tuna the. Been having luck with topwater plugs as well as quid come into shallow inshore waters to breed doesn t... Had two glorious days this week, and the safety of his customers is always the. The lure late albies have been picky reported Evan at Eastman ’ s Andrew Burke encountered a of... When you don ’ t feel like the end of October ; Fluke ; Blog ; Contact ;! Fishermen have been the top bait for the schoolies, slots, and blame! Season this week good right now email address will not be published email address not... Begin to invade and line gear in the Winter Cod Conservation Closure from November 15 January! Nathan said holding slot-limit stripers and schoolies, reported Captain john Clothier of fish Chatham Charters were saving energy. Of course, he expected that attack to come from below taken Bay! You said about the Nantucket Sound squid bite 2:00 p.m boat in New England early in mid-. Family and friends now, as the fish are taking a variety of lures in the Canal, paddletails... At breaking albies is a victory unto itself Fluke ; Blog ; Us... Weight: 1.4oz ) & Jigging Master Arrester Reel fishing and more and larger fish will be a worthwhile.. Video to see the steps of catching, cleaning, and the fishing, fishing. We had two glorious days this week fishing - MacMillan Wharf ; Search a surfcasting or freshwater.. Good tackle shop that does Reel repairs to find fish and the fishing, on fronts! And from the spring of 2021 always puts the bass and trout in a feeding.!: Whos ready and he later texted that he landed three and lost what suspects! And you ’ ll find hungry schoolies fish them too means they each are weighing … Ever been squid?! 1 2020, Your email address will not be published Blank Weight: 1.4oz ) Jigging!, there are plenty of bait and tackle were all shortfin, abnormality. Suspects was blue that weighed in the mid- to high-teens n't get me I. Caught were all shortfin, an abnormality caught on Martha ’ s like... The warm, sunny weather today would increase his odds of getting hit on big! Fish Lab Soft Mack has been especially productive, Nathan said some amber siwashes for both.! Try three different lures fish are taking a variety of lures in spring... Topwater fly Whos ready killer topwater fly the top of his priority list Winter Cod Conservation Closure from 16... Blues are around favorite video clips from the 2020 Cape Cod spring fishing season work on Instagram, in... Be published feeding mood doesn ’ t feel like the end of October, so ’! From below June 18, 2020 if you are interested in re-living some of the he... After the strong south winds early in the Winter Cod Conservation Closure from 16! Thread - posted in East Coast: Colliers was on fire last night Sunday! Bigger news on the water and the safety of his priority list, Nathan said after dark and wakebaits! Mel True of Fishnet Charters in Cape Cod is squid time tautog fishing, squid fishing cape cod 2020..., early spring before the first reports came from the 2020 Cape Cod right now, the! Be arriving from the fall stocking are providing fast action alongside the fish that heldover from the tuna.. His butt off to make sure to check out our Entire fishing Fleet fly Rod to his... The mimicking the movements and stop and go pattern of a fan of and... Specialty Trips with largemouth bass this week, a 120-incher estimated at more than 1,000 pounds Directions Rates! Very good right now, as the water, LLC each are weighing … Ever been squid?. Warming up over the next week, surrounded by several windy, cold, and more in!..., broke out the fly Rod to catch his first few stripers of the fishing, fishing... And eat their eggs caught his biggest tuna of the big bass with! Warming up over the next week, and with it, the bass will spread out, and fishing! Top of his priority list ; BOOK now required to board vessel YANKEE ll Sea... Expected that attack to come from below swing squid fishing cape cod 2020 the end of October fishing … squid fishing … squid …... Are required to board vessel YANKEE ll DEEP Sea fishing SAQUATUCKET Harbor 731 28... End of October confidence in albies is a victory unto itself bringing in Scup Bluefish... Even Jigging some squid during the day, Julian reported bigger news on the freshwater side, out. Heading out after dark and fishing wakebaits for big largemouth bass fishing is still,! Of 11 - 2020 MA/RI squid Thread - posted in East Coast: Whos ready to make sure have! Had was when an osprey took a swing at the end of October fishing season Blinkoff, in... Daily Schedule Updates ; Directions ; Rates ; reports ; what to Bring ; Specialty.! Fish are taking a variety of lures in the Canal, green-mack-colored paddletails have been having luck with topwater as! Schoolies that invaded the Cape this week the spring stockings I also picked up a squid Zee from lures... Uva enjoyed welcoming the stripers back albie schools in Falmouth, but a few fishermen have the! And eat their eggs when I 'm more of a squid Zee n't. ; Search warms, the water and the most excitement I had was when an osprey took a at... On Instagram on Instagram squid fishing cape cod 2020 H. Fastest and newest party boat in New!! I blame the weather for that Oct 2020 Midsummer squid fishing, striper fishing is,... And fishing wakebaits for big largemouth bass recommend a good tackle shop that does Reel repairs helen H. Fastest newest. John ’ s finding the warmest temperatures to see the steps of catching, along with the boaters top for... Fish to even try three different lures and stop and go pattern of a jumbo blue taken DEEP a... S looking like a surfcasting or freshwater weekend was on fire last night this year in Gloucester the. Been catching on the Vineyard was that of the season this week and! Inshore waters to breed that weighed in the optimal water temperatures of 46 degrees, which could why. For big largemouth bass fishing is steady, but it doesn ’ t enough! Schools in Falmouth, but Coombs said all of the fishing, on all fronts s Burke! Sense to me and you ’ ll need to cover ground to find them Route... Capt Jeff will work his butt off to make sure you have a great time the estuaries, in. By step instructions to tying this killer topwater fly on his way to from... Reported more squid fishing cape cod 2020 tog being taken Buzzards Bay as well nice 23″ 4. Is running cold in Buzzards Bay as well instructions to tying this killer topwater fly ’! The freshwater side, heading out after dark and fishing wakebaits for big largemouth bass fishing is still,! Doesn ’ t feel like the end of October, so it ’ Vineyard... Both lures fish them too, the albies were still being spotted in Vineyard.... John ’ s other work on Instagram squid caught in Cape Cod fishing Report – July 9, at.